Cleaning SAS Maple neck

Fournij

Hi

I bought a brand new Swamp Ash Studio with maple neck. As Paul said, the finish is inside. The neck feel very raw and I really like it, different from my Custom24.

I don't see any recommendation about cleaning and maintenance of this type of neck in PRS web site. Any suggestion ?

Thanks

I've got a SAS Studio as well, and have not noticed any reason to clean or polish the neck (as of yet anyway). It doesn't seem to get sticky or grimy like typical finished necks. I'm inclined to say the natural oils from your hands will be all it needs, but I'd recommend emailing PRS to see what they recommend in the event it needed cleaning. I asked them about the V12 finish and they recommend their polish, but I didn't ask about the neck in particular. Share the info here if you hear anything, thanks!

From PRS support :

Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. You would be able to use a quality furniture polish to clean your maple neck. Behold is the preferred choice of Paul Smith.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars.

Back