Cleaning advice for my new Wood Library guitar

imalrightjack

Hi all,

I've a 2017 Custom 24/08 Wood Library model and, other than using a micro-fibre cleaning cloth, I'm yet to clean it. The guitar came with no real care info, so I'm just checking for best advise on what to use to keep it in tip top condition.

It's an ebony fretboard. I'm unsure on what the actual finish is on the body and neck. Equally the headstock face, which isn't lacquered/finished like the rest of it.

Any advice welcome. I've never had a guitar I've cared this much about so want to get it right!

Thanks.

GFELEKj.jpg

I'd say you're doing a good job as is! I also make sure I lick the cheetoh dust from my fingers before I grab a guitar off its stand...

Hi all,

I've a 2017 Custom 24/08 Wood Library model and, other than using a micro-fibre cleaning cloth, I'm yet to clean it. The guitar came with no real care info, so I'm just checking for best advise on what to use to keep it in tip top condition.

It's an ebony fretboard. I'm unsure on what the actual finish is on the body and neck. Equally the headstock face, which isn't lacquered/finished like the rest of it.

Any advice welcome. I've never had a guitar I've cared this much about so want to get it right!

Thanks.

GFELEKj.jpg

That's a beaut Clog!

Don't let it intimidate you mayne! These guitars are meant to be played. There really isn't much you can do to the finishes to harm them. If it's the regular prs finish pretty well anything that is safe for an automotive finish will be safe for your axe. I've had good luck with a microfiber and some meguiars, mothers, or griots spray detailer. You don't need much. Just a spritz on the cloth will do up the whole guitar nicely.

If your guitar is finished in nitro you have to be a little more careful.... but not much. The basis of most guitar finishes came from the automotive industry. So keep that in mind, and rock out.

The ebony fret board should just get a wipe down with a damp micro fiber, and not that often. Stay away from lemon oil on ebony.

I have a small amount of tarnish on one of the wrap-around bridge screws on my 2011 Studio model. Any advice on how to clean that?

It isn't a big deal, so if it's best to just not touch it, I won't. The guitar is beautiful as is. But if I could shine that one bit to the level of polish of the rest it would really be awesome.

a jewelry polishing cloth works well on nickel hardware. Im able to bring mine to a mirror finish with one. the polished surface also helps to stave off oxidation if you like the shiny look.

I'm using carnauba wax on all my guitars, every 6 months or so. Apply a little amount with microfiber cloth and it's shinier than ever!

Back