Cleanest PRSi with 2 pickups?

Casi1

Guys,

I had a buddy ask me this question in the guitar shop and I completely brain farted... There are just so many choices in the PRS lineup.

By 'clean' I'm talking 'tele single coil-ish played through a good tube amp' type of clean.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

I don't know if this is the best answer, but I'm gonna say the LTs in the 594 can get you close to that. I was playing my DC594, split p/u and fiddling with the volume and tone controls. I suddenly stopped and thought to myself that it was awfully Tele-ish.

I don't know if this is the best answer, but I'm gonna say the LTs in the 594 can get you close to that. I was playing my DC594, split p/u and fiddling with the volume and tone controls. I suddenly stopped and thought to myself that it was awfully Tele-ish.

Cool. Thanks! I might have to check out the 594 again when I visit Daves next time. I put some LTs in my McCarty and they sound good but I recall that the magic really happens when those pups are home in the 594.

Cool. Thanks! I might have to check out the 594 again when I visit Daves next time. I put some LTs in my McCarty and they sound good but I recall that the magic really happens when those pups are home in the 594.

Did you get those LTs from some dude on Reverb? Mighta been me! I sold them to someone in Minnesota that said they were going to put the in their McCarty.

Did you get those LTs from some dude on Reverb? Mighta been me! I sold them to someone in Minnesota that said they were going to put the in their McCarty.

Lol, yeah that was probably me.

Dont blow my cover... ssshhhh

:)

Ha! Ill never tell! Your cover is safe.

Whew that was close... Lol. Thanks.

I'd post pics of that McCarty if only I knew how. The pup swap worked out well. I took the 57/08s out of that McCarty and put one in the neck of my McKorina to go with the DGT in its bridge. Now both guitars are happy.

Whew that was close... Lol. Thanks.

I'd post pics of that McCarty if only I knew how. The pup swap worked out well. I took the 57/08s out of that McCarty and put one in the neck of my McKorina to go with the DGT in its bridge. Now both guitars are happy.

Pics have to be hosted from a third party site like Imgur or Flickr. You upload them there, and can then copy/paste into your post.

Pics have to be hosted from a third party site like Imgur or Flickr. You upload them there, and can then copy/paste into your post.

I've tried both Imgur and Flickr and still cant do it right. Its hopeless.

:-(

To me, clean is more about the amp than the guitar. Every guitar can be clean if the preamp is set for it. Some of my first really clean, Fender-like tones out of a PRS came from the Rotary 5-way on my Cu24 with the HFS/VB pickups. The HFS is one of the hottest pickups PRS has ever made, too.

Here ya go. I copied the direct image link by right-clicking the photo on the Imgur page, and inserted it using the "Image" tool at the top of the post sub-window.

lZqSWgA.jpg

Here ya go. I copied the direct image link by right-clicking the photo on the Imgur page, and inserted it using the "Image" tool at the top of the post sub-window.

lZqSWgA.jpg
Thanks for doing that. I'm gonna try that next time...

I would vote for the narrow 408 pickups found in the Pauls guitar , Brett Mason Sig and the brushstroke 24 :)

Cool! I love the sound of a 408 (especially, for some reason, with volume rolled back) and I also love the Custom 24. I havent tried the Pauls Guitar yet but I think I'd miss the 408 bridge too much.

I'm just wondering if its worth it to get the 408 wiring or not in a Cu24. A lot of those '24-08's have been showing up lately...

To me, clean is more about the amp than the guitar. Every guitar can be clean if the preamp is set for it. Some of my first really clean, Fender-like tones out of a PRS came from the Rotary 5-way on my Cu24 with the HFS/VB pickups. The HFS is one of the hottest pickups PRS has ever made, too.
Thanks.... I gotta get me a Custom 24.

Back