Classical Prog Fusion

antcarrier

Hi!

For those of you who have plenty of free time and patience, here is my latest composition and biggest project to date. It’s still a demo as I would like to overdub real soloists over the virtual orchestra, and add a real drummer (there is a missing drum solo from 24:20 - 24:45).

The guitar is my trusty PRS Hollowbody 1 - still my favourite guitar!

I hope you enjoy! If you can survive to the end :D

Jon

Last edited:
Nicely done! keep it up!
I am going to be the geek and ask what rig did you use for this :)
Cheers! The guitar is recorded with an Axe Fx 3. I've captured my own impulse responses for the cabinet simulation, a bit differently to how this is usually done. They are reflection free far field impulse responses, recorded using a ground plane measurement technique on a basketball court at a distance of at least 2 metres. The impulse length is then reduced so that no room reflections are present in the impulse. This provides an anechoic cabinet measurement with no proximity effect from either the measurement microphone or the speaker - and provides a natural, distance-mic'd sound to which I can add reverb however I please. I am aiming more for the sound of a guitar cab on a stage rather than a close mic'd recording.

The bass is direct to interface.

Last edited:
Huggy approves of all fusion posted on this site, and this is no exception.
Very impressive performance and songwriting.
I hear some strong Al DiMeola influence, reminds me of his Tirami Su album.
Great work, keep it up.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I heard it. I played it in the music room and launched into a bit of DiMeola ripping over it.

That's an amazing performance! I didn't hear the older link, but the drums are great and well recorded. And your guitar work is just sublime! The mix is spot on too!

My listening tastes have delved into Post Rock/Art Rock these days and this would fit right into that genre. I listen to a lot of Apple Music generated lists of that when I work, (OTR Truck Driving) ad if this was on Apple Music, I would flat out include it in my play list!

I am jealous of your compositional and arranging skills, besides your guitarist skills!

Back