Classic Headstock Vs. Santana headstock

Whats your favorite?

• Classic

Votes: 61 84.7%
  • Santana

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like others in here, I like the pointy headstock with the custom/22/24/McCarty bodies and the Santana with the Singlecut and Santana models

...I like the Santana style headstock better. It looks balanced, more refined and maybe more "adult guitar" to me. I must admit to worrying about the pointy tip being easily damaged on the normal version...
This describes my thoughts on the matter, as well.

Like some other posters here, I prefer the Santana on the Ted single cuts, especially the SC's with p-90's.

I prefer the Santana headstock. It’s classy and subtle. The pointy one looks dated to me. 80s big hair rock. The Santana is obviously timeless based on a traditional guitar. A spade shape might be best for the 24 DC.

I agree that the “classic” shape has a bit of an 80’s vibe. I do like the functionality with the straight string pull but I think if the points were ever so slightly smoothed/rounded out it would look much classier. Wouldn’t take much, just a *very* subtle rounding off of the points.

The Acoustics and the Santana shaped ( double cut ) MUST have the Vintage headstock like the pointy one on all others

I like both headstocks. I only have one PRS with the Santana headstock and that is a Ted McCarty singlecut.

For real though…

The Santana headstock is reserved for the best guitars.

“Dear Paul

In 2019, a very kind group of forum members sent me a guitar through the post.

It would appear I have the wrong headstock.

Please could you fix it for me to have a Santana headstock transplant on my guitar, as in my opinion this is a “best guitar” because the dudes on the forum made it so.

If this possible and you can put time to the front of queue at the PTC, please PM me back asap.

Your ever humble follower

AR

P.S. if we could keep this between us and not involve the kind folk on the the forum, that would be great”

The Acoustics and the Santana shaped ( double cut ) MUST have the Vintage headstock like the pointy one on all others

Interesting...

Attachments

• B621EB24-1412-481B-86B2-2BF69C877340.jpeg
    B621EB24-1412-481B-86B2-2BF69C877340.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 44
  • ABA38125-DFAF-481F-9FDB-84C73B576C49.jpeg
    ABA38125-DFAF-481F-9FDB-84C73B576C49.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 40
Back