Whats your favorite?

• Classic

Votes: 61 84.7%
  • Santana

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicolasrivera

Do not know of this has been posted before, but any ways.... i want to know if you feel some how like i do about the shape of this headstocks. Of course the classic shape is what PRS has been known for and its a key recognizable elect of the design but i can't but feel that the Santana headstock has a great look to it too and i some how feel that makes the guitar look more classy.

So, what do you guys have to say about both designs.

Thanks.

2-Headstocks_zps2dd00f64.jpg

I didn't vote, because you didn't have a choice for "both!"

I like the classic pointy headstock on the double-cut guitars. It mirrors the sweep of the double-cut on the guitar body, and looks outstanding (to my eye, anyway).

I do prefer the Santana headstock shape on the acoustics, and I wouldn't mind seeing it on Singlecut models as well as on the Santana, if only because it's a more traditional shape and seems to go better with the vibe of the guitar.

But my preference isn't all that strong in either case; I'd be happy to have either headstock for the most part.

Dam it, yes i should have checked that option for multiple choice in the poll options! :redface:

I have a Ted Singlecut and love the Ted/Santana headstock shape on that guitar! It looks just RIGHT!

I also like the pointed one on my CU 24. I don't think the Santana shape would look as good on that guitar.

So I guess with me it also depends on the model. It rocks on the right ones!

Classic is what I think of when I think PRS, not the Santana (even though it is older - I think). Sorry, but the Santana looks like Bart Simpson's hair.

I have a Ted Singlecut and love the Ted/Santana headstock shape on that guitar! It looks just RIGHT!

I also like the pointed one on my CU 24. I don't think the Santana shape would look as good on that guitar.

So I guess with me it also depends on the model. It rocks on the right ones!

I'm in agreement with this. The Santana headstock looks great on the Santana and the Singlecut. I prefer the pointy headstock on the offset double cut, it just looks right on that body style.

They are both cool for what they are. I've grown to like the Santana shape especially for acoustics. I think it also is cool if you are going for the vintage look. But given the choice, I'd choose the classic pointy shape almost very time. Its the recognizable shape of PRS, IMO. Plus I think it gives my singlecuts a more aggressive look :).

Back