Clara Rockmore's 105th birthday

Cool. A nice bit of history too and fun to do a little more youtubin on Clara and the theremin.

Thanks for posting this one.

As an amateur guitarist, I've always wanted to 'noodle' with a Theremin, but thought the cost and learning curve was too much. UNTIL, I saw and heard a Moog Theremini demo'd/namm show and instructional youtube videos. Pitch correction, scale selections and root/tonic key parameters right on the front panel. And I've used it(sparingly) on some home recordings. It is very musical and a lot of fun to use. Check it out.

Here's one of the best intros to the unit from the world renowned Lydia Kavina taught by Theremin himself.

Thanks for posting this one.

As an amateur guitarist, I've always wanted to 'noodle' with a Theremin, but thought the cost and learning curve was too much. UNTIL, I saw and heard a Moog Theremini demo'd/namm show and instructional youtube videos. Pitch correction, scale selections and root/tonic key parameters right on the front panel. And I've used it(sparingly) on some home recordings. It is very musical and a lot of fun to use. Check it out.

Here's one of the best intros to the unit from the world renowned Lydia Kavina taught by Theremin himself.

Cool stuff, I've always wanted one. I fear it would take over my life trying to learn it.
Very reasonably priced too.

Cool stuff, I've always wanted one. I fear it would take over my life trying to learn it.
Very reasonably priced too.

I haven't 'learned it' either. But I've used it to accent and flavor some home brewed tunes. It's on this video but you have to hang until the end for it to come into the mix.

I did another one where it's more upfront called 'Tyre Trax' found here, the 17th down in the list:

https://www.reverbnation.com/wefixflats/songs

It's one of those instruments where you've got to think when, how and where it should be used. Unless, of course, you're an expert when you can play entire pieces.

Back