Clapton's Crossroad Festival- L.A. 9/23-24

I am shocked this didn't generate more discussion. More?!?! Any discussion. What a line up! Just a couple weeks ago we bought our tickets to Clapton in Denver. That concert is just one week before Crossroads so the latter is not an option.

But is there anything I would not give to go to Crossroads? I don't know what that would be!

So let's relate this to PRS. Who in this line up will be wielding our guitar choice? The first obvious choice, Mr. Santana, will probably have "Salmon" on stage. Who else?

I am shocked this didn't generate more discussion. More?!?! Any discussion. What a line up! Just a couple weeks ago we bought our tickets to Clapton in Denver. That concert is just one week before Crossroads so the latter is not an option.

But is there anything I would not give to go to Crossroads? I don't know what that would be!

So let's relate this to PRS. Who in this line up will be wielding our guitar choice? The first obvious choice, Mr. Santana, will probably have "Salmon" on stage. Who else?
The Mrs and I went to the Crossroads Festival in Chicago (Bridgeview, actually) in 2007. It was an hour drive (30 miles) from home. End of July. It was a million degrees with gobs of humidity. Not much shade around what was then called Toyota Park (now Seat Geek Stadium). It's built on a big open lot and was home to the Chicago MLS club. It was a LONG day and a lot of sun. Totally wiped out by the end. Having said that, I'd go again without thinking about it. Here was the 2007 line up.

ERIC CLAPTON’S CROSSROADS Guitar Festival is powering into the southern suburbs of Chicago this Saturday, and the lineup is earthshaking: Clapton, Jeff Beck, Doyle Bramhall II, Robert Cray, Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill, Buddy Guy, BB King, Alison Krauss, Sonny Landreth, Albert Lee, Los Lobos, John Mayer, John McLaughlin, Willie Nelson, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Robbie Robertson, Hubert Sumlin, The Derek Trucks Band, Jimmie Vaughan, Johnny Winter, and (take a breath) Steve Winwood.

Clapton interview about the Crossroads Festival:

Note the one guitar player not there? Robert Cray...for 'unusual' reasons...

Here's your highlight of the festival:

^ This. And the dude that was scared to be there(James Bullard...he was excellent!). And of course...BFM himself as emcee!

Back