Clapton playing P90's!

It's a special DC , they came out in '60 and the strap is one of those chic skinny leather ones , look close. There are re-issues around for very reasonable $ All truely great artists have played Soapies at one point~

Last edited:
PAF's are fine and suit thier purpose, but single coils to me just have a tone , and P90's are among the best . Gold Foils and FilterTrons are right up there, and if you are really lucky a Staple pickup ...I'm going to drop a Duncan neck Staple in one of my soapies at some point.

Sometimes?

It's hard to find a time when Buckers sound better than P90's. But I'm biased.
If only P90's didn't hum so badly. They seem to have more hum than Strat single coils.

I have not found a noiseless version of either that gives me a tone that's close enough to the original tone that I could keep them in my guitar.

The noiseless versionsall sound a little dull or compressed or something.

MY BKP Nantuckets are not humcancelling/noiseless, but they are quieter than regular Gibson P90's.

They're close enough to keep and they sound very good, but I like the tone of Gibson P90's a little more.

If only P90's didn't hum so badly. They seem to have more hum than Strat single coils.

I have not found a noiseless version of either that gives me a tone that's close enough to the original tone that I could keep them in my guitar.

The noiseless versionsall sound a little dull or compressed or something.

MY BKP Nantuckets are not humcancelling/noiseless, but they are quieter than regular Gibson P90's.

They're close enough to keep and they sound very good, but I like the tone of Gibson P90's a little more.
Just play a guitar with two P90's and leave the switch on the middle setting. Then just as you start to play, flip the switch to which ever pup you want and no one will hear the hum. My home has pretty quiet electrical wiring because my P90 guitars don't hum loudly. It's not much louder than buckers. If I'm playing out, I need to use the middle setting trick.

Back