CITES Question

BMiller

I'm being required to move a '06 CE24 (in Blazing Copper) on to a new home as my new WL DGT is taking up it's place on my wall. My concern is CITES regarding the East Indian rosewood fret board and selling internationally. I've done some basic research so far but can't find a definitive answer.

Anyone have experience with this?

I'm being required to move a '06 CE24 (in Blazing Copper) on to a new home as my new WL DGT is taking up it's place on my wall. My concern is CITES regarding the East Indian rosewood fret board and selling internationally. I've done some basic research so far but can't find a definitive answer.

PM Drew. He bought one just like your a few months back. Granted, his came into the country, but still.

All dalbergias are now protected. There is risk if you ship it internationally.

Basically, there's a crapload of paperwork you have to fill out to export it. And a crapload that the buyer has to fill out to import it.

Very annoying. Not that I buy/ship internationally, but the extent to which the laws/treaties are enacted over "small" pieces like guitars vs the huge chunks of furniture bought by the Chinese that are endangering the species is very much overkill. "Zero tolerance" works only for those that have no interest in the product or its uses.

Thanks all for the info. I don't mind shipping internationally, but the new CITE rules had me questioning it. So no international for this sale.....not worth the hassle.

Back