CITES II: Publicly documenting current guitars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jazzedout, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Jazzedout

Jazzedout New Member

Should we document the guitars that we own currently in a forum thread like this, in order to prove that we had them prior to the CITES II? I did not think of that last week, but I guess 2 days after the starting date isn't bad either.
    The reason I am thinking of this, is that I tried calling the local authority responsible for this and the still do not have a clear idea how this will work (and I am afraid it could take a while). I thought publicly documenting them could prove owning them beginning of 2017?
    My newest guitar is built in 2005 and my oldest in 1986. I have not kept any purchasing records for any of them...
    Is this thread a good idea?
    Anyway I'll start with my 2 PRS guitars, even if it is not a good idea it is still guitar pics that we all love... :)

1992 PRS Custom:
    [​IMG]
    Serial Nr. 2 13106:
    [​IMG]

2005 PRS 513 Rosewood:
    [​IMG]

Serial Nr. 5 94970:
    [​IMG]

2. Jazzedout

Jazzedout New Member

Ibanez S2120X AV:
    [​IMG]

Serial Nr.: (to be photographed...)

Ibanez RG7620 (need to take finished photos of it:
    [​IMG]

Serial Nr. F99 59532:
    [​IMG]

3. bluenova

bluenova Electrified since '84

I can't imagine that this thread will have any say in proving anything. How will they know that I'm Bluenova on the interwebs? How will they know that the pics are of my guitar at that time and not a pic forwarded to me? I wouldn't sell a guitar across the border now, but I probably never would have anyways.