Church Acoustic Suggestions

Discussion in 'Acoustic Guitars' started by Johnnyboy94, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Johnnyboy94

Johnnyboy94 New Member

So The church Acoustic guitar(an Ovation*barf*) finally gave up the ghost(started smoking out of the battery hole:rofl:) and they've decided to buy a new guitar(duh). Now the SE Angelus has already been recommended (by yours truly) but the Music Director Doesn't think 700$ will be spent on it, probably in the 500$ Range. So I need suggestions on An acoustic to send along to Him. Specs need to be:

- In the 500$ Range

- Must have Electronics

- Cutaway Necessary

Thanks!

2. David Eaton

David Eaton New Member

Depending on your size, a Taylor GS Mini is a nice guitar. Our former worship pastor had one, and while it looked like a uke on me (I'm 6'2", 240) it fit him well. He might have spent more than $500 with the pickup he put in it, though.

3. Johnnyboy94

Johnnyboy94 New Member

Thanks for the reply! Well, I dont think they will buy a guitar without the Pickup already in it, and the GS Mni doth not have a cutaway, so That probably will not work.

4. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Tell your music director that I have it on good authority that god does not appreciate music directors cheaping-out on guitar tone. Remind him of the story in the old testament about god's choice between Jacob and Esau's sacrifices, and which was fit to accept!

That should make him feel plenty guilty.

Like Bach would have offered up all those works in the Thomaskirche on a cheapo organ! More guilt.

By the time you're through with him, he'll be handing out Private Stocks! ;)

#4 LSchefman, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  5. Johnnyboy94

Johnnyboy94 New Member

Well then it's a Good thing My Angelus is the interim Youth Acoustic. ;)

Thing is they havent really been Cheap. They have a Taylor 414CE for the main service(Which I believe is 1200-1400$), and purchased a gently used Seagull for 500$, originally priced at 700$ I believe. This is the Youth Band Acoustic. The Director, who is a good friend of mine as well as a fantastic guitarist of several decades, is not in charge of how much money is spent, sadly, and I know for a fact He'd spend more, but the Finance Dept. had something different to say....

6. JMintzer

JMintzer Bobble Head Moderator

The description of this forum: "Discuss PRS Acoustics, Private Stock Acoustics and SE Acoustics"

Just sayin'...

7. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

It's only fair that the church would spend 10% of it's yearly income on an acoustic, anything less would be in poor taste.

8. Johnnyboy94

Johnnyboy94 New Member

Agreed on a personal level, but that would be a crazy expensive(Bangin') guitar...... We have about 10k people on the rolls.......:D

9. HANGAR18

HANGAR18 What Would Evel Knievel Do?

In that price range, you might find a used PRS acoustic at GC from time to time.

10. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Man, I'd get to passin' the plate for the extra 200 bucks. Shouldn't take long. ;)

11. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

Pass the plate! Pass the plate! Pass the Plate!

12. thieves&foxes

thieves&foxes New Member

Just get the Angelus. Angel + us. It's like the guitar was made for church :)

13. packy

packy New Member

+1

14. Johnnyboy94

Johnnyboy94 New Member

LOL for real, though.........

I found an SE Angelus used at GC I might have been able to talk him into, but it has no Pickup. grrr.