Church Acoustic Suggestions

Johnnyboy94

So The church Acoustic guitar(an Ovation*barf*) finally gave up the ghost(started smoking out of the battery hole:rofl:) and they've decided to buy a new guitar(duh). Now the SE Angelus has already been recommended (by yours truly) but the Music Director Doesn't think 700$ will be spent on it, probably in the 500$ Range. So I need suggestions on An acoustic to send along to Him. Specs need to be:

- In the 500$ Range

- Must have Electronics

- Cutaway Necessary

Thanks!

Depending on your size, a Taylor GS Mini is a nice guitar. Our former worship pastor had one, and while it looked like a uke on me (I'm 6'2", 240) it fit him well. He might have spent more than $500 with the pickup he put in it, though.

Depending on your size, a Taylor GS Mini is a nice guitar. Our former worship pastor had one, and while it looked like a uke on me (I'm 6'2", 240) it fit him well. He might have spent more than $500 with the pickup he put in it, though.

Thanks for the reply! Well, I dont think they will buy a guitar without the Pickup already in it, and the GS Mni doth not have a cutaway, so That probably will not work.

Tell your music director that I have it on good authority that god does not appreciate music directors cheaping-out on guitar tone. Remind him of the story in the old testament about god's choice between Jacob and Esau's sacrifices, and which was fit to accept!

That should make him feel plenty guilty.

Like Bach would have offered up all those works in the Thomaskirche on a cheapo organ! More guilt.

By the time you're through with him, he'll be handing out Private Stocks! ;)

Last edited:
Tell your music director that I have it on good authority that god does not appreciate music directors cheaping-out on guitar tone.

Like Bach would have offered up all those works in the Thomaskirche on a cheapo organ!

Bad form, music director. Bad form.

Well then it's a Good thing My Angelus is the interim Youth Acoustic. ;)

Thing is they havent really been Cheap. They have a Taylor 414CE for the main service(Which I believe is 1200-1400$), and purchased a gently used Seagull for 500$, originally priced at 700$ I believe. This is the Youth Band Acoustic. The Director, who is a good friend of mine as well as a fantastic guitarist of several decades, is not in charge of how much money is spent, sadly, and I know for a fact He'd spend more, but the Finance Dept. had something different to say....

The description of this forum: "Discuss PRS Acoustics, Private Stock Acoustics and SE Acoustics"

Just sayin'...

It's only fair that the church would spend 10% of it's yearly income on an acoustic, anything less would be in poor taste.

In that price range, you might find a used PRS acoustic at GC from time to time.

Back