Christmas wish list

Only if they have a contract :)
The wee lad keeps showIng me adverts for kits and saying “what about this one Dad?!”
I keep saying, “I’m afraid they’re really expensive son!”
I’m a bad Dad, I know, but I can’t wait to see his face.
As I write this, he’s set up his practice pad, a sweetie tin, a glue gun box and a foot stool. Bless!

The wee lad keeps showIng me adverts for kits and saying “what about this one Dad?!”
As I write this, he’s set up his practice pad, a sweetie tin, a glue gun box and a foot stool. Bless!

Too awesome.

Reminds me of when I was a young guy. Mom always struggled to get me music gear. One year, she bought a used drum set and had new heads put on. That expense alone was big.

On the guitar front, she got me a TRAYNOR amp. I think it was a TS-25. It was my first, and served me well through junior high, high school, and college.

Money was always tight, and yet Mom always went out of her way to make sure I was able to have gear, lessons, participate in competitions, do marching band, and more. She recently told me a financial horror story associated with one of my music opportunities. I had no idea just how rough things were. We were in a dangerously bad spot, while I was just excited about what was happening.

I've been very fortunate to be able to end up in a place where I have all of the gear that I want or need, including many of the guitars that I wished I could have had when I was younger. For that reason, no new gear for me for the holidays. This year has been an emotional challenge for Mom this year, so I'm going to make her holiday the best ever. A big part of it is just being there.

EDIT: I got lost and forgot the point of my response. I think that kids who are excited about music, and who end up with instruments, will always remember and appreciate it. GOOD DAD!

Last edited:
Too awesome.

Reminds me of when I was a young guy. Mom always struggled to get me music gear. One year, she bought a used drum set and had new heads put on. That expense alone was big.

On the guitar front, she got me a TRAYNOR amp. I think it was a TS-25. It was my first, and served me well through junior high, high school, and college.

Money was always tight, and yet Mom always went out of her way to make sure I was able to have gear, lessons, participate in competitions, do marching band, and more. She recently told me a financial horror story associated with one of my music opportunities. I had no idea just how rough things were. We were in a dangerously bad spot, while I was just excited about what was happening.

I've been very fortunate to be able to end up in a place where I have all of the gear that I want or need, including many of the guitars that I wished I could have had when I was younger. For that reason, no new gear for me for the holidays. This year has been an emotional challenge for Mom this year, so I'm going to make her holiday the best ever. A big part of it is just being there.

EDIT: I got lost and forgot the point of my response. I think that kids who are excited about music, and who end up with instruments, will always remember and appreciate it. GOOD DAD!
Thanks!

I came from a musical background, my dad played a mean Jazz guitar before his hearing loss.

Mum plays and sings too.

My wife has an amazing voice as does my daughter, who is currently learning and song that includes “whistle notes” (ones that only dolphins in the North Sea can hear).

Like yourself, my parents were very encouraging and I want to pass that vibe on to both our children.

Seasons greetings all.

May you be blessed without what you wish for.

I remember my mother saying, “Make a wish!” before I blew out the candles on my birthday cake as a child.

I learned very quickly that wishing for things to happen didn’t seem to have any effect on reality.

Nonetheless, if I believed in the power of wishing, I’d certainly wish everyone a lifetime of happiness and good health. :)

Sat with my son and showed him Neil Peart and Dennis Chambers solos.

“So son, if you practice hard, you might learn these by 2099!”

He looked at Peart’s kit, wide eyed in amazement. Size does matter! To the young!!o_O

It has been a ridiculous year in general, and especially with regards to spending...

I'd just like to wish good fortune to all of you here, for my son to enjoy his first Xmas (and 1st birthday), and for Elliot to get his third christmas wish.

sorry for the calling your guitar a 245. I forgot it was a Bernie!!!

I'd just like to wish good fortune to all of you here, for my son to enjoy his first Xmas (and 1st birthday), and for Elliot to get his third christmas wish.

Awesome, man, how exciting. Hope the season's very good to you guys.

Only if they have a contract :)

Well played, sir.

He looked at Peart’s kit, wide eyed in amazement. Size does matter! To the young!!o_O

Great stuff.

There's probably a special place reserved in hell for me, but I did manage to get lots of fledgling drummers hooked up with holiday starter kits... by emphasizing what great gifts they make for the in-laws' children. :D

Nah, torturing the kid is part of the fun. My wife and I have been doing that to ours. We have her pretty well convinced there's no way she's getting a new phone for Christmas, or any time soon. It'll make the gifting that much sweeter.

Nah, torturing the kid is part of the fun. My wife and I have been doing that to ours. We have her pretty well convinced there's no way she's getting a new phone for Christmas, or any time soon. It'll make the gifting that much sweeter.

Put the phone in a box for something else. Always good for a bit of fun!

Some years ago, we got my daughter's new phone. She is adamantly anti-iPhone because that's what the rest of us have (that is pretty much the reason). She wasn't home when the phone arrived. When she finally got home and opened it, there was her brand spanking new...iPhone. She started to have a fit - until she realized the rest of us were laughing and I pointed out the video camera. I knew those old boxes would be handy!

I feel I should tell the whole story.

I was playing a gig in the summer and the wee lad had come along to rehearsals. My mate Andy (drummer) let him have a go on his electric kit and he was hooked!

I made him a practice pad, ‘cos I was too tight to buy a piece of mdf with rubber pad attached. So he’s been practising like mad, just in case Santa comes good.

He’s been driving the wife mad with all the practice.

A couple of weeks ago he asked me to show him the beginning of “Back in Black” on guitar, so I duly obliged, the little show off bugg€r now plays three chords and a little riff!!

Can’t persuade him away from the darkside though. I warned him drummers are classed as people who hang out with musicians! :confused::p:eek::(

You don't want to talk him out of it - you'll probably be able to use his employee discount at the pizza shop he'll deliver for!

Put the phone in a box for something else. Always good for a bit of fun!

Some years ago, we got my daughter's new phone. She is adamantly anti-iPhone because that's what the rest of us have (that is pretty much the reason). She wasn't home when the phone arrived. When she finally got home and opened it, there was her brand spanking new...iPhone. She started to have a fit - until she realized the rest of us were laughing and I pointed out the video camera. I knew those old boxes would be handy!

Haha, nice one! We're the opposite in our household. Wife and I are Android diehards, but the kiddo wants an iPhone because that's what her friends have. Well, she's still getting an Android whether she likes it or not. I might've sprung for the iPhone SE, but my wife's response to kiddo asking for an iPhone was something like "We're an Android household! No way in hell am I buying you an iPhone! You can have one when you save up your money and buy one yourself!"

*If you have a guitar/amp on the way, please at least give us a teaser.*

I posted a similar thread last year and asked what everyone was hoping to get.

Thought I'd post again.

Whether it's getting to see family, good health for all, or badass guitars/amps, let the forum know! Cool stories are always welcome and appreciated by me.

I have 3 wishes.
1. Good health and well wishes for everyone.
2. My wife to win the lottery and intuit my exact choice private stock specs and then order it
3. For Sergio to finish his SE 245 build**. But no pressure Sergio, I can settle for an IOU until you're sufficiently inspired again.

*If you have a guitar/amp on the way, PLEASE at least give us a teaser.*

**edit: **** forgot it was a Bernie. My bad Sergio
I want to find a boy friend.:D
And buy a new guitar by myself.

Yes please! Or a bunch of them.

So.... what are you guys getting me next year? :p

KoWSR6N.jpg

(Shhhh...you can put your weed in there...)

Back