Christmas wish list

Elliot

Gandalf the Vintage Yellow
*If you have a guitar/amp on the way, please at least give us a teaser.*

I posted a similar thread last year and asked what everyone was hoping to get.

Thought I'd post again.

Whether it's getting to see family, good health for all, or badass guitars/amps, let the forum know! Cool stories are always welcome and appreciated by me.

I have 3 wishes.
1. Good health and well wishes for everyone.
2. My wife to win the lottery and intuit my exact choice private stock specs and then order it
3. For Sergio to finish his SE 245 build**. But no pressure Sergio, I can settle for an IOU until you're sufficiently inspired again.

*If you have a guitar/amp on the way, PLEASE at least give us a teaser.*

**edit: **** forgot it was a Bernie. My bad Sergio

Last edited:
It’s not an amp of guitar story. The wee lad is getting an Alesis electric drum kit for Christmas.
I can’t wait to see his face on Christmas morning, even more so I can’t wait to see the look on Mrs M’s face! :D

If she gives you any attitude, you can threaten her with acoustic drums for his birthday!

Years ago, when my wife's then-boss had his first kid, my wife gave her a clear tote bag for her birthday (I think it had fish or something on it). He came in one week and told her he couldn't wait until we had kids because he was going to give them all kinds of annoying toys. Turns out he was working on something that weekend, and his daughter kept coming in, putting a tool in her bag, and carrying it to another room.

If she gives you any attitude, you can threaten her with acoustic drums for his birthday!

Years ago, when my wife's then-boss had his first kid, my wife gave her a clear tote bag for her birthday (I think it had fish or something on it). He came in one week and told her he couldn't wait until we had kids because he was going to give them all kinds of annoying toys. Turns out he was working on something that weekend, and his daughter kept coming in, putting a tool in her bag, and carrying it to another room.
Yep his birthday is in June, so it will be just about enough time for me be twisted enough to arrange. Wa ha ha ha ha! (Maniacal laughter, through a Ming the Merciless beard!):eek:

Peace and love and good happiness stuff.

Otherwise, hopefully a new dirt pedal or two, a Celestion Neo Creamback, some PRS wear, a pair of those Carlos shoes. Man, I'm a geek.

The kiddo is going to be thrilled because we're buying her a new phone, which will be her first actually decent one. May have to pull a Christmas Story move and stash it somewhere for her to open last.

Peace and love and good happiness stuff.

Otherwise, hopefully a new dirt pedal or two, a Celestion Neo Creamback, some PRS wear, a pair of those Carlos shoes. Man, I'm a geek.

The kiddo is going to be thrilled because we're buying her a new phone, which will be her first actually decent one. May have to pull a Christmas Story move and stash it somewhere for her to open last.

Just make sure she doesn't put her eye out!

I don't have anything planned inbound. Never know though!

I'd echo the sentiments for peace, and good wishes. I'd settle for some tolerance and civility. Maybe a little cooperation, too.

I wish you all Peace, Happiness and Good Health.
As for guitar gear I doubt It. I deal with all that It's not the Kitchen Lady's thing so there's no Bob Hope their but that's cool.
I do like to spoil her rotten this time of year. Love on ya.!!!

I feel I should tell the whole story.

I was playing a gig in the summer and the wee lad had come along to rehearsals. My mate Andy (drummer) let him have a go on his electric kit and he was hooked!

I made him a practice pad, ‘cos I was too tight to buy a piece of mdf with rubber pad attached. So he’s been practising like mad, just in case Santa comes good.

He’s been driving the wife mad with all the practice.

A couple of weeks ago he asked me to show him the beginning of “Back in Black” on guitar, so I duly obliged, the little show off bugg€r now plays three chords and a little riff!!

Can’t persuade him away from the darkside though. I warned him drummers are classed as people who hang out with musicians! :confused::p:eek::(

I feel I should tell the whole story.

I was playing a gig in the summer and the wee lad had come along to rehearsals. My mate Andy (drummer) let him have a go on his electric kit and he was hooked!

I made him a practice pad, ‘cos I was too tight to buy a piece of mdf with rubber pad attached. So he’s been practising like mad, just in case Santa comes good.

He’s been driving the wife mad with all the practice.

A couple of weeks ago he asked me to show him the beginning of “Back in Black” on guitar, so I duly obliged, the little show off bugg€r now plays three chords and a little riff!!

Can’t persuade him away from the darkside though. I warned him drummers are classed as people who hang out with musicians! :confused::p:eek::(

Careful dude, drummers have been known to spontaneously combust!

*If you have a guitar/amp on the way, please at least give us a teaser.*

I posted a similar thread last year and asked what everyone was hoping to get.

Thought I'd post again.

Whether it's getting to see family, good health for all, or badass guitars/amps, let the forum know! Cool stories are always welcome and appreciated by me.

I have 3 wishes.
1. Good health and well wishes for everyone.
2. My wife to win the lottery and intuit my exact choice private stock specs and then order it
3. For Sergio to finish his SE 245 build. But no pressure Sergio, I can settle for an IOU until you're sufficiently inspired again.

*If you have a guitar/amp on the way, PLEASE at least give us a teaser.*

OK... I’ve got another pre-owned SE inbound with color and features specific to the year it was introduced. I hope to post a pic this weekend.

Yeah, Peace, Happiness, and Good Will would be nice. Seems to be in short supply across the world, recently, although in my own little world it seems to be quite plentiful.

I think I know what my wife bought me for Christmas, since I specifically requested it when she noticed various packages i was receiving but not opening - obviously presents for her (we had originally agreed to not buy anything, since we're going on a cruise shortly for our one-year anniversary).

What she has probably acquired for me is not a PRS, because PRS doesn't make this item: a ukulele. Yes, a uke (concert size). Not a super expensive one, but one with a pickup for live use. Someone else in the band has a ukulele, originally given as somewhat of a lark of a Christmas gift, but it has turned out to be useful - we now do a cover of "Over the Rainbow / Wonderful World". I picked it up one day, and had a blast noodling along as accompaniment to song or two, so i figured, hey, I could use one!

My wife will be getting various percussion instruments to diversify her collection and live sound.

Our 20 YO daughter will be getting a plane ticket out of town to see relatives. (Cue the win-win-win! jokes...)

It has been a ridiculous year in general, and especially with regards to spending...

I'd just like to wish good fortune to all of you here, for my son to enjoy his first Xmas (and 1st birthday), and for Elliot to get his third christmas wish.

Back