Chris Robertson SE Model discontinued?

Deli6505

Rockin' the D!
My apologies if this has already been talked about or posted but I noticed that the Chris Robertson model is no longer listed among the models for this year. Can someone shed some light on this? It seems like it was just released earlier this year in the US and now, poof!, it's gone! :(

I'm not sure why his got nixed so quick, other than low sales....hope it wasn't because he plays in "# Doors Down"......jk.......but his signature 3 pickup singlecut is definitely not in the 2019 CORE or SE PRS line-up.....and is just listed as an "artist" who uses PRS products....which also confirms that CORE SC245 and/or SC250 models are officially gone too...for singlecuts, only the Tremonti and 594's are available now.....when did that happen?

I'm not sure why his got nixed so quick, other than low sales....hope it wasn't because he plays in "# Doors Down"......jk.......but his signature 3 pickup singlecut is definitely not in the 2019 CORE or SE PRS line-up.....and is just listed as an "artist" who uses PRS products....which also confirms that CORE SC245 and/or SC250 models are officially gone too...for singlecuts, only the Tremonti and 594's are available now.....when did that happen?

You’re thinkin’ of Chris Henderson.

:p:p:p....whoops, my bad....is he one of the brothers in The Black Crows...? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know he’s referring to the guy in Black Stone Cherry....but either way, it’s a goner....as are USA SC245’s, sort of.

Kinda weird though, seems like lots of people were buying them. At least that’s the impression I got from various social media platforms, and we all know the internet don’t lie.
Sounds like the same problem as the S2 Studio.

Maybe PRS has decided to make yearly one-offs in order to increase collectibility and drive up perceived value of the "less-than-Core" lines?

Or maybe they are making room in their SE/S2 lineup for another single-coil'ed guitar at NAMM?

(I hope there is at least one PRS staffer who is itching to spill the beans -- but can't) :D

Maybe PRS has decided to make yearly one-offs in order to increase collectibility and drive up perceived value of the "less-than-Core" lines?

Or maybe they are making room in their SE/S2 lineup for another single-coil'ed guitar at NAMM?

(I hope there is at least one PRS staffer who is itching to spill the beans -- but can't) :D
It's certainly possible. I guess we'll see!

For the record, if they unveil an SE Silver Sky or something of the like, I'll be the first in line.

Definitely possible. I know the S2 Studio was a limited offering from day one, I think they allowed dealers to order as many as they wanted within the order window. Maybe the SE CR was the same way. Both have gotten lots of positive hype.

The Studio, especially, is awesome. I want to A/B one with a Silver Sky, I expect them to be different, just want to see which suits me best.

Kinda weird though, seems like lots of people were buying them. At least that’s the impression I got from various social media platforms, and we all know the internet don’t lie.
Seconded, that's what I was thinking. Remember the Tim Mahoney SE? Lasted all of a year I think, I can't say I've ever seen anyone with one in their collection, but the Chris Robertson has been everywhere.

More announcements to come up until NAMM. Maybe a new color or model? It has already gone from blue to red once...

Back