Chris Cornell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buildermike, May 18, 2017.

1. CatStrangler

CatStrangler PRS Enthusiast

I always felt that Chris and Sebastian Bach were the greatest rock voices ever.

2. alantig

alantig Santana-free since '63!

That show is actually a three-day festival. Soundgarden was scheduled to headline tom'w.

As for his death being a suicide, I have no idea what his situation was other than I read that he battled depression at one point in his life. Obviously I don't know your history, so I mean no offense by this. If you've never fought depression, you have no idea of the pain and altered thinking it can cause. And if you haven't, I truly hope you never get that understanding. I had a friend that went through it, and she said you can't understand it if you haven't been through it, and she was right - I thought I had an idea from talking to her, but until I went through it, I had no idea how bad and how dark it really can get. And yes, it can get better, but it's not always an easy path.

Sorry to derail.

3. IKnowALittle

IKnowALittle New Member

Indeed. It's the reason I get bent sideways on occasion. Nonetheless, I'm still "sunny side up."

4. rugerpc

rugerpc A♥ hoards guitars ♥A

Love me some SG. He will be missed.

5. vchizzle

vchizzle Birdman.

6. BMiller

BMiller New Member

I was never much of a Soundgarden fan, but I did like his work with Audio Slave. However, I'm listeneing to "Superunknown" as I type and I'm really digging it.

I am hearing things in the songs that I had never noticed and his vocals are intense.

It's sad when we lose such a talent! Rest In Peace Chris!

7. Tosca

Tosca Death by a million mini-toggles...

I greatly enjoyed watching this (although it was a little difficult in spots). We all know the music was special...so not surprising to hear what a special person he was...from someone who knew.
    If you're time is limited check out 24:50-25:30 and 30:30-32:30.

vchizzle likes this.
  8. John Beef

John Beef Opaque

When my first kid was born, I was having anxiety issues. My Dr. gave me ativan to help out. That stuff is dangerous. I will never take it again. I can't imagine how anyone thought it would be good for a recovering addict to have ativan.