Chorus Pedals - Let's Talk Favorites!

I have quite a few pedals, but I don’t use any of them a whole lot. Having said that, I do have 3 separate pedalboards...one for Van Halen tunes (my all-time favorite), a SRV/Hendrix board, and a ”kitchen sink“ board. on the EVH board, I have his 5150 Chorus. It’s cool for Diver Down songs, but I hardly ever use it. On the SRV board, I have a Boss Wazacraft Dimension D, which supposedly has the exact algorithms from the Dimension C that Les mentioned. I saw a video on YouTube where some guy was explaining how Stevie used it constantly, but subtly in the studio. (I’d never noticed chorus on SRV tunes before). Through my Super Reverb, it sounds great. On my bigger board, I have two…the TC Stereo Chorus / Pitch Modulator/ Flanger and a Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus. The TC is killer, but a little goes a long way. I keep the Intensity pretty low on that one. The Analog Chorus is supposed to be a clone of the old Boss CE2. I’ve never played an original CE2, but this one does a great, swooshy Alex Lifeson sound.

For a hack that doesn’t use pedals very often, I realize 4 choruses is overkill. But every so often, it’s fun to make crazy noises. Whenever I think about buying a pedal, I watch as many YouTube demos as I can find. Some of them doma pretty good job of showing what a particular pedal sounds like. YMMV…

I've only owned two: a DOD Ice Box from years ago that I don't remember much, and a now a Boss CE-2W Waza Craft. It sounds authentic enough to me!

Chorus PEDAL? Nope. All you need to do is get in a group with someone who plays Gibson. 30 seconds in and they'll be out of tune and you can use that pedalboard real-estate for that Korg Miku you've always wanted.

I have a JHS emperor but I use it more on the vibrato side for John Scofield stuff.
Totally lol

Boss Waza CE2W provides the classic sound and updated chorus in one pedal. Though it is one of my favorite chorus pedals, I purchased the Seymour Duncan Catalina chorus pedal. Two reasons why is it has a blend control knob and a tone knob which makes it very flexible. In addition, it has a control which can allow the chorus to be more gentle when hitting the strings harder, or stronger chorus when hitting the strings softer.

Boss Waza CE2W provides the classic sound and updated chorus in one pedal. Though it is one of my favorite chorus pedals, I purchased the Seymour Duncan Catalina chorus pedal. Two reasons why is it has a blend control knob and a tone knob which makes it very flexible. In addition, it has a control which can allow the chorus to be more gentle when hitting the strings harder, or stronger chorus when hitting the strings softer.
That is a cool pedal and deserves probably more credit than it gets. If it was branded by somebody else it would probably be a total winner feature wise.

Back