choosing between 2 PRS guitars

fahad187

good evening

im new member

going to buy a new guitar (finally:rofl:)

i always wanted a les paul shape guitar so i thought im going to buy a epiphone les paul but then i remembered that there is a shop that sells a prs guitars so i thought i will go and try them they are now out of stock and only have the santana model so i tried that one and it was heaven

im going to order online
1-SE Bernie Marsden Signature
$_3.JPG

2- 245 Soapbar P90
1000x1000.jpg

i like the second one finish but i dont know how the "soap bar" pickups will sound

playing style classic rock and blues

thanks

Can't go wrong with either guitar. The Bernie is fabulous (think 59 LP without one tone pot). The Soapy will have that P90 growl people love them for, but you need to know that P90's are single coils and can have the hum. Some folks are bugged by it, others no so much. If you're not used to P90's I'd say stick with the Bernie. I really like my Bernie (but then again I love my Soapy too).

The 245 soapy is a core line guitar :) ( USA Maryland ) I would go that way
P-90 are great pickups

If you haven't played either guitar, you should. The p90 sound, in my opinion, should be in everyone's tone arsenal. They are fabulous. They sound fuller than your average strat single coil, and their hum adds to their period allure. That said, you can purchase and install humcancelling versions of p90s that are either stacked coil or dual coil. Check out Lindy Fralin or Dimarzio. The stock p90s, however, are amazing, and I personally wouldn't change them. That Marsden will have a broader, different sound altogether. Safe side is you should get both. Agreed with MOBirds.

Can't go wrong with either guitar. The Bernie is fabulous (think 59 LP without one tone pot). The Soapy will have that P90 growl people love them for, but you need to know that P90's are single coils and can have the hum. Some folks are bugged by it, others no so much. If you're not used to P90's I'd say stick with the Bernie. I really like my Bernie (but then again I love my Soapy too).

thanks man

im not used to a p90s

this is my first update i have a yamaha eg 112 i dont know what pickups it has :)

some pepole says P90 bright and fat sounding i think im ok with single coils since the other guitar im getting aside from the prs comes with seymour duncan humbuckers

If you haven't played either guitar, you should. The p90 sound, in my opinion, should be in everyone's tone arsenal. They are fabulous. They sound fuller than your average strat single coil, and their hum adds to their period allure. That said, you can purchase and install humcancelling versions of p90s that are either stacked coil or dual coil. Check out Lindy Fralin or Dimarzio. The stock p90s, however, are amazing, and I personally wouldn't change them. That Marsden will have a broader, different sound altogether. Safe side is you should get both. Agreed with MOBirds.

unfortunately the guitars are not available here so i have to buy them online

here everybody talks about the p90 so im going to do my researches and i think im going with 245 Soapbar :)

I love both of those guitars. I am a P90 freak! I absolutely love the P90 tone...If I could get one I would definitley get the soapy, but you can't go wrong with the Bernie either....decisions, decisions.

A lot of classic rock songs were recorded with p90s. Led West used only p90s for a while. To my Iommi recorded with p90s. You can't go wrong with p90s.

P-90s are great pickups, articulate in the bottom end, crisp and bright, and with the volume lowered, they can be dialed in to have a really nice warmer vibe.

The only caveat is that single coil pickups are susceptible to stray EMI/RFI hum, and because they are very loud pickups, the hum can also be loud. The solution forever has been to simply turn in place until you find the spot where the hum stops. P-90 enthusiasts (I am one, too) just do this as a matter of course.

But as someone else noted, they do make hum-canceling P-90s if this bothers you.

P-90's rule! Plus, the Core line Singlecuts are classy beasts indeed. If the hum does bother you, you've got a myriad of replacement pickup options you can throw in at any time.

Back