choose a DGT or 594

which one would you buy and why?

• PRS DGT 10 Top

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • PRS USA McCarty 594 Wood Library 10-Top

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

JohnPRS

I went with the DGT. The 594 are great guitars.....but.... I don't like the switch in the upper bout or the 2 piece bridge. Kinda like PRS wants to be too much of another guitar. Other than that, it's a great guitar, but then it would be a McCarty? Am I right?

The new 594s are really nice, just played them back to back and it was to close to call for me tone wise.
DGT Slightly hotter and warmer pickups ( some say woolly ) smaller neck and a Trem and for me a more natural control layout.
594 a bit more sparkle and thump more meat on the neck , full control of the Vol and tone and taps on both pickups.
Until this last go round I was put off by the switch on the upper horn really didn't bother me this time.
for me with the shorter scale I want to try one with 11s ( or 10.5 if they make them )

I have had both at the same time I played the 594 SOOOO much more than the DGT. I hated the pretty much everything about how the 594 looked - the switch placement, the 4 knobs on the DC body - but, MAN, that guitar sounds and plays PERFECTLY.

The DGT on the other hand? For me it was just "Meh" at best. Mine was an Artist Package with a Braz board and a custom color. It looked awesome as all get out, but never spoke to me tonally.

I have had both at the same time I played the 594 SOOOO much more than the DGT. I hated the pretty much everything about how the 594 looked - the switch placement, the 4 knobs on the DC body - but, MAN, that guitar sounds and plays PERFECTLY.

The DGT on the other hand? For me it was just "Meh" at best. Mine was an Artist Package with a Braz board and a custom color. It looked awesome as all get out, but never spoke to me tonally.

That is a sexy DGT!

Back