Choose 2 PRS guitars among these 3

gullit

Hi everybody,

I have just registered and I am about to jump for first time into the PRS world. :)

I have been close to get some PRS guitar before but I have finally decided always for other brands as Gibson, Fender, ESP, Jackson,...there's no a special reason why, but always another brand has crossed my way and I've decided for it. However this time I am gonna get two of these great Paul Reed Smith instruments in a trade exchange and I would like to make the best decission, as I have the chance to choose among several models. These are:

• PRS P24 Limites
• PRS Signature Limited
• PRS Custom 24 Rosewood Neck Wood Library Top

I know more or less the differences among these models, but it's hard to decide...which two would you choose and why?

Thank you!

Last edited:
That's a good problem to have. For me, the siggy ltd and the CU24 rosie. They all seem to be reasonably special in their own right. I just wouldn't ever use a piezo so I opted for the other 2.

Last edited:
First welcome to the forum. I would have to agree with John. I have a Sig Limited and it has become my number one since I got it so if it were me I would choose the Sig Limited and the custom 24 with rosewood neck. Once you have a solid rosewood ( crackwood ) neck you will fall in love :dancing:All great options to choose from though.

Welcome to the forum. Hard to say without pictures but I would rock the bottom two.

PRS Signature Limited - Killer guitars and pickups with extremely musical versatility.
PRS Custom 24 Rosewood Neck Wood Library Top - Rosewood neck and a Wood Library top?! Winning.

My choices for you would really depend on what kind of music you play. For me, I would choose the P24 (stoptail Custom 24 with a piezo? Heck ya!) and the siggy. Between those two you could cover a ton of tonal real estate: anywhere from acoustic to death metal!

Thanks everybody, interesting opinions all :)

I am gonna give you some extra info:

- the P24 has hardtail indeed, I had a LP Slash with same kind of piezo and I did not use much at all...but it makes the instrument more versatile, no doubt, and seems to get a better acoustic sound than the Gibson...53/10 pickup's, no coil covered, blade switch, and bluecrab burst with a 10 top. The blue finish is ok but not specially my favourite.

- the Signature has trem. Great point to have individual mini-toggles for coil-tap, lot of combinations possible. Beautiful kind of green finish called faded abalone. Beautiful top, they say is private stock choosing. Only thing that deso not make me crazy is the rounded pickup (408/signature) shape, weird stetically, but minor issue anyway.

- about the Custom I like almost everything. It looks simple, speaking in a good way, with beautiful top (wood library), interesting rosewood neck, and nice vintage yellow finish with matched flame headstock. 57/07 pickups, all gold hardware. The point I like less of this guitar is it doesn't have blade switch...it comes with a round knob and I am wondering about how well (and agile) it works.

I play a lot of different music but lately I'm leaning towards to play lot of grunge (specially love AIC tone... Soundgarden, Nirvana too), alternative rock and some punk rock. I actually don't know how PRS manage these styles (I have usually played Fenders for this), and that's important in fact.....classic rock and metal abilities are always welcome, but no so important. No country, neither blues this time ;)

Last edited:
Depending on your amp, a PRS can handle pretty much any style you throw at it. That said, do you have a chance to PLAY these three and form an opinion of your own? Your opinion is what matters most and these three guitars are pretty different. The siggy's are a real hit here....but the pickups are a proprietary design which you may/may not like. Rosewood necks are also very well liked; heck, I own 2 PRS's with rosewood necks myself and while they feel amazing they are certainly different sounding guitars IMO. If you can, try them out or find similar guitars at a retailer and see what speaks to you!

Last edited:
I would recommend the sig limited. This is a great guitar with lots of versatility. The slightly thicker body gives it a little more bottom end. Also, the color is nice. I would sell some other stuff and get all 3 of them. That is really the best option.

I would recommend the sig limited. This is a great guitar with lots of versatility. The slightly thicker body gives it a little more bottom end. Also, the color is nice. I would sell some other stuff and get all 3 of them. That is really the best option.

+1! If you can, sell something else and get all three.

If you can only swing two, the Siggy is a definite. Don't let the shape of the 408s put you off. They WILL grow on you. I AMA huge fan of the piezo bridge, so I love my P22. It gets the most play for me (just think: Jar of Flies!!!!). That said, the rosewood necks are things of beauty!

+1! If you can, sell something else and get all three.

If you can only swing two, the Siggy is a definite. Don't let the shape of the 408s put you off. They WILL grow on you. I AMA huge fan of the piezo bridge, so I love my P22. It gets the most play for me (just think: Jar of Flies!!!!). That said, the rosewood necks are things of beauty!

I'm surprised how much use I get out of the piezo. It lets me get tones that I've never heard from a solid body before... Acoustic, Hollow body electric - plus the regular humbucker tones.

I'd add a Siggy or a DGT with it... Something with "single coil" sounds. ;)

I'd have to say the Sig Ltd would get my top vote ... followed very closely by anything involving a Rosewood Neck and a Wood Library top!!!

If you don't have much use for the piezo, the other 2 are the obvious choices. Piezo is tons of fun if you have 2 amps(one acoustic or a PA system)...probably the most fun I've had on guitar in a long time.

Back