Chewed-Up Bridge Studs

Reub,

Be sure you order the SE PRS metric ones...if you've ordered from John Mann, his MannMade ones may not fit the SE bridge tightly enough...YMMV. Will make a call to John to verify or not.

Just verified...the MannMade studs will fit the bridge wells, but will not likely line up and accept the PRS SE bridge. MannMade parts are designed to work with MannMade bridges, not PRS ones.

Now the good news.

I spoke with Roxanne at John Mann's Guitar Vault and she said she had a set of nickel/brass PRS SE metric studs their repair shop had pulled from a previous repair. Although I don't know their condition, Roxanne said she could see to it to let them go for cheap, considering shipping to the UK might be more costly.

Just email Roxanne at [email protected] for further details.

Or, these:

https://reverb.com/item/22767654-pa...et-polished-brass-new-acc-4045-new-orig-parts

Rock on...
Reub

Our MannMade USA studs are most definitely designed to be compatible with PRS SE version Stoptails.
We did have to modify our original design, where the tolerances of the undercut were too tight, to allow for greater variations of the PRS SE version Stoptail.

Hopefully our metric studs will fit 99.999% of all SE Stoptails out there in the wild.
If anyone received as stud that's too tight, please contact us directly and we will make it right for you!

~ John Mann

There's a special tool made for the purpose of adjusting the studs. It slips over the studs and has a screwdriver blade. Won't slip and cause that kind of burring on the metal. Stew-Mac has it.

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-too...MI9oCH8ayc7wIV5vbjBx2pCgvREAYYASABEgI9P_D_BwE
I’ve got one, it’s great on Gibson studs but it won’t work on the PRS studs as they are too wide. It also doesn’t fit import studs for the same reason. I have often wondered why they don’t make a couple of different sizes.

Last edited:
Grab your assortment of small allen wrenches and try each one until you find the right thickness that fits into the stud slot. Insert it sideways so the wrench fully fits across the diameter of the stud and use it to turn the stud.

Reub

Our MannMade USA studs are most definitely designed to be compatible with PRS SE version Stoptails.
We did have to modify our original design, where the tolerances of the undercut were too tight, to allow for greater variations of the PRS SE version Stoptail.

Hopefully our metric studs will fit 99.999% of all SE Stoptails out there in the wild.
If anyone received as stud that's too tight, please contact us directly and we will make it right for you!

~ John Mann

Thanks for the information John.

Online classes in high school are a topic of great concern for many international students. As a special form of examination, it has many advantages, such as high pass rate, comprehensive service, and guarantee. But there are also many shortcomings, such as the lack of a unified fee standard, exclusion from schools and teachers, and uneven professional levels of the successors. From the perspective of international students themselves, there are several serious issues that need to be carefully considered when using high school online course http://www.wangkedaixiu.com/wkds/gz/ proxy services. Because sometimes awareness and exam scores are equally important.
GO AWAY BOT!

Reub

~ John Mann
Thanks for your reply; sorry if mine is somewhat belated...I did find some core studs on your website, in fact, they're part of my guitar sale on eBay...the chewed-up studs and wraparound bridge will be included in the sale...thanks for making aftermarket parts that fit various PRS and respective guitar models
I THINK the benefit of the brass only occurs if it touches the strings.

I certainly could be wrong about that.
IIRC, the MannMade adjustable bridge saddles are brass, as well as the screw studs. The bridge itself is aluminum. Gives it kind of an appealing hybrid look...

Grab your assortment of small allen wrenches and try each one until you find the right thickness that fits into the stud slot. Insert it sideways so the wrench fully fits across the diameter of the stud and use it to turn the stud.
That’s a great tip!

Back