Cheeky PRS Ad (1989?)

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Apparently, early PRS guitars were finished using BASF/Glasurit products. I'm guessing this ad is from somewhere between 1989 and early 1991. No idea who the model is. Harrington's appears to be out of business.

[EDIT: The lack of Sweet Switch makes me think it's closer to 1991. Unless, again, it's a 1-off. Then all bets are off.]

This doesn't look like the typical Signature 'Limited Edition' since it doesn't have birds or gold hardware but the headstock appears to be signed. Perhaps its a proto or employee guitar. This is the era when PRS was doing their best production bursts, in my opinion. Look at the fade on that Vintage Sunburst. It's just killer.

Harringtons_zpsk3coer6p.png

Last edited:
I'm going to use that response the next time someone asks me that -- even if it has nothing to do with cows or cow print -- and it's still going to be just as funny.

Wow, I don't even remember that store chain and I was working and living around all those store locations. Chuck Levin's and Venamens received all my business back in the day.

Wow, I don't even remember that store chain and I was working and living around all those store locations. Chuck Levin's and Venamens received all my business back in the day.
Aw, man, Venneman's...I remember hanging out all night for that once a year sale...

Back