Checking Serial Number before purchase

SCHollowbody2

SC-HB2.jpg

Hello!
I would like to check the serial number on this PRS 25th anniversary single cut hollowbody II that I just bought online. I am quite excited about it, but as usual a bit of caution is necessary when buying stuff from the web.
This is my first post, so I am not sure if this photo will upload.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. There are a lot of fakes floating out there, although from the looks of this, it seems to be an original PRS.

Thank you in advance!
Rob

Yup, the serial number checks out! Can't wait to get my hand on this - will post pictures when it arrives!

By the way for other newbies like me who want to verify written serial numbers behind the guitar head, go to
the main PRSGuitars.com page menu, select:

Customer Support Center then select Year Identification to match your numbers.

(Mine does! I am as excited as a 9 year old kid the night before opening Christmas presents!)

Year Identification / Serial Numbers
Excerpt from The PRS Guitars Book, written by Dave Burrluck

When I was a teen, I purposely applied for a summer job at a music store just to sample all the musical instruments - most especially the guitars that I knew I would never have the chance to play because I could not afford it then.
But having worked at that music store I learned exactly what my Perfect Guitar would look like and sound like.
After 35 long years of settling for 6th best or 5th best - I've smashed guitars that were just bloody awful -
my Perfect Guitar finally came my way. And she sounds just heavenly! =)

I hope that Imgur link works, because I wanted you all to see my Perfect Guitar. Thank you PRS! And thank you to the Forum - I know a lot of you will understand how elated I am right now.

That is a beautiful guitar! Dang, reminds me that I have outstanding GAS for a SC HB II (w/ piezo).

The link to the Imgur page works, but here's a direct link for one of the images:

Sh64bT5.jpg

Thank you Shinksma for the direct link! =)

She's blue and also a 10-Top too !

A 25th anniversary with matching 25th anniversary case - like fine wine or properly aged single malt whiskey - with care it can become far more valuable with age.

Thank you to all who congratulated me! But... this is bad! I've started to hunt for an even older anniversary PRSs!!! OH NO!!! HELP! =)

I know AP515 will say, 'And so the addiction begins!'

A 25th anniversary with matching 25th anniversary case - like fine wine or properly aged single malt whiskey - with care it can become far more valuable with age.

Thank you to all who congratulated me! But... this is bad! I've started to hunt for an even older anniversary PRSs!!! OH NO!!! HELP! =)

Somewhere @sergiodeblanc is grinning like a Cheshire Cat!:D

Atta boy! You fit right in!

Back