Check Out This Wonky Sh!t.

Going one leap further in merchandising...
I think it would be pretty cool if the next PRS pickup was something like this

11821041.jpg

You're not wrong, but I cannot grasp the relevance of this statement.

Sorry, I was just emphasizing that most post-college students are looking for jobs, not playing guitar. The reason for my saying this is because many are saddled with debt from college, and cannot afford a core model guitar until they find steady work. Was this not the case with you as well?

I must humbly state that 90+% of college graduates are looking for legit ways to make money, not spend it, until they are financially secure. It is not easy to live comfortably if your heart tells you you can't make next month's credit card, or rent/mortgage payment.

P.S. This is no joke. People need ways of living within their means and paying their bills.

Regards the shoes, ask yourself, "Is this really necessary? Will these shoes improve my tone or playing ability?" These would be the questions I'd prefer to ask, and perhaps, ask myself why holding a job might be more important than PRS shoes.

For those who have plenty of fluid cash, spend your money any way you choose. I just think fashion sneakers aren't a good example of a spending choice. To each his own.

No criticism or offense intended. Just trying to have a balanced view of earning money and spending it.

Sorry, I was just emphasizing that most post-college students are looking for jobs, not playing guitar. The reason for my saying this is because many are saddled with debt from college, and cannot afford a core model guitar until they find steady work. Was this not the case with you as well?

My story was a bit different: Went into the military instead of college, saved my pitiful salary and spent it on my first new PRS (the '91 Special) instead of carousing like everyone else, got out, tried to be a professional musician, failing that fell into software development and used the GI Bill to pay for what little college I did have, dropped out when I got hired full time at my first tech company. Been faking it ever since, to greater and lesser success...

I must humbly state that 90+% of college graduates are looking for legit ways to make money, not spend it, until they are financially secure. It is not easy to live comfortably if your heart tells you you can't make next month's credit card, or rent/mortgage payment.

P.S. This is no joke. People need ways of living within their means and paying their bills.

Regards the shoes, ask yourself, "Is this really necessary? Will these shoes improve my tone or playing ability?" These would be the questions I'd prefer to ask, and perhaps, ask myself why holding a job might be more important than PRS shoes.

For those who have plenty of fluid cash, spend your money any way you choose. I just think fashion sneakers aren't a good example of a spending choice. To each his own.

No criticism or offense intended. Just trying to have a balanced view of earning money and spending it.

My tangent aside, thanks for the explanation. I completely sympathize with the current plight of new grads in this country. People my age and skin tone practically had things handed to them in comparison.

This place is an unbelievable scam. :mad:

From their page on reporting IP violations:
https://gopostore.com/dcma-report-design/

"Gopostore provides an internet-based platform that allows its users to design and sell their own T-shirts and other merchandise."

Yet no where on the site is there a place to sign up to sell "my own designs"

Ooh! Which give me an idea: Why aren’t there PRS flip flops?

Those things would have to cost about a dollar to make and you could sell them for $15 easily.

That’s like, a $15,000 idea right there.

Now we're talkin!!! I rock my flops all day err day in the summer.

Yeah...I know I'm like "The Dude"...don't hate.:D

My story was a bit different: Went into the military instead of college, saved my pitiful salary and spent it on my first new PRS (the '91 Special) instead of carousing like everyone else, got out, tried to be a professional musician, failing that fell into software development and used the GI Bill to pay for what little college I did have, dropped out when I got hired full time at my first tech company. Been faking it ever since, to greater and lesser success...

My story is also similar, though after college I scrapped my degree (interviewers dissuaded me from working for them because of the high risk of work overload, early burnout, and unlikelihood I'd be promoted for 2 years until work stress had already caused health issues) and worked with the public in retail sales positions. Granted, retail work is not a glorified position of authority, nor is it vital to my company.

That being said, after a couple of interim retail positions, I settled into a job that I've learned to love, because even if the job involves doing the same thing each day, the people I meet are never the same. Sure, we have repeat customers, but the interesting part is asking people from foreign countries to teach me how to speak their language, so it's possible to serve them better. IMHO, it makes the world a better place knowing my education was not merely based on book knowledge, but learning about people from all walks of life globally.

My tangent aside, thanks for the explanation. I completely sympathize with the current plight of new grads in this country. People my age and skin tone practically had things handed to them in comparison.

Understood completely. Many of us had hoped we might "see the world" as you might have with the military. One of my mentors taught me to think globally, act locally. In my line of work, we've had many various nationalities visit our store. This past week, I had asked an older Russian woman and adult daughter how to say "Good evening," because it helped bridge the language gap and made for a more pleasant sale. Merely being polite helped get to know them better.

Apparently, my boss heard about how well this past week went during my impromptu shift and offered me the impromptu work hours instead of my usual hours. Not a promotion or pay increase, just the freedom to work during a less hectic schedule that helped me maintain my productivity and add then some.

But now, I've sent the post off the rails. Time to consider more sneakers, work boots, and/or comfortable shoes.

Back