Check out "Paul's" signature...

This style of certificate looks correct for the period...
Never heard of a limited CE, but an email to PRS Customer Sevice could solve this...

Almost has twang! Now if that isn't a selling point. I suppose something got lost in translation.

Definitely a curious guitar. I don't know of PRS ever using the term "Custom Shop" but I guess it's possible. By '93 they had made some really cool special editions, but were still a few years away from establishing Private Stock.

From what I can see, everything on the guitar looks legit. Quilt isn't unheard of on a CE. I think the naked alder back is more interesting.

I like the "PRS no longer makes maple top covers padded" statement... Most things look right about that guitar, but the toggle switch looks wrong (could be aftermarket tho) and the saddles look really long to me.

Looks like a PRS parts guitar...way too high priced, but still could be nice...for about 2/3 that price...
(Note "zebra bobbins" on cert.)

upon further review...could be a neat piece...PUs replaced, anyway.

“Serial number 24 of 25”

Say what?

I know, right? But it's right there on the neck plate.

I like the "PRS no longer makes maple top covers padded" statement... Most things look right about that guitar, but the toggle switch looks wrong (could be aftermarket tho) and the saddles look really long to me.

Saddles have definitely been replaced. It's been a player's guitar for sure. Switch is aftermarket. Someone also put white out or something on the side position markers.

Special or not, it's overpriced by a large margin.

Looks like a regular old CE to me, and those toggles as far as I can tell were optional/factory equipment.

This is Legit, it was a custom shop artist series limited edition made for Carlsbro Retail for their 25 anniversary. 25 guitars were made. They wanted a bolt on CE 24 with dragon zebra bobbins, alder body and a quilt maple top in Amber. This guitar cost in 1993 in the UK 1500 pounds, that was aprox 2250 dollars in 1993. That's the equivalent to almost 4000 dollars today. The rotary switch was replaced by a 3 position switch, and the dragon zebra for a 57/08 and a 59/09, worthed more than 420 dollars. I don't think this is overpriced at all...

Last edited:
Back