Charcoal Cherry Burst or a Charcoal Burst For a Custom 24?

Isa Almoayed

I was wondering whether I should get a Charcoal Cherry Burst or a Charcoal Burst (Custom 24)

I'm sort of leaning towards the Charcoal Cherry Burst but let me know your opinions

I'm actually new to the forum and I'll be ordering one of these guitars any day now so any help would be appreciated :) Thank You

I recently picked up a McCarty 594 in charcoal cherry burst. I had never considered that color but the guitar is so good that I wasn’t that concerned about the color. Well after owning it for a month or so I really love the color. There are just so many different hues that pop out in different lighting, especially in the burst transition. Plus if you like cherry the back color is awesome, and you get to see the wood which you wouldn’t in a charcoal with the black back.

That said I think charcoal cherry burst is a color that really looks best on a nice top. Mine is a 10 top with very well defined flame. I’ve seen some non-10 charcoal cherry guitars that I didn’t think the color looked as good on.

Since it's it's an aesthetic question and not performance, sounds like you need to go with your gut. As a raging KISS fanatic, I always wanted to have something of the bright Ace Frehley cherry sunburst variety, but again, I dig the look. You'll get all sorts of feedback here, but the rubber hits the road with fit, form, hardware, etc. If color is what pleases you..... buy one of each! :D

Since it's it's an aesthetic question and not performance, sounds like you need to go with your gut. As a raging KISS fanatic, I always wanted to have something of the bright Ace Frehley cherry sunburst variety, but again, I dig the look. You'll get all sorts of feedback here, but the rubber hits the road with fit, form, hardware, etc. If color is what pleases you..... buy one of each! :D
Both is the correct answer around these parts!

Thank you guys for responding to the post! :)

I honestly still can’t decide.

Anyway I’ll post a pic on this post when I order and receive one of these guitars :) Thank you guys for the help!

XykEfVr.jpg
slf73VT.jpg

Charcoal Burst is the Dark Lord of PRS finishes.

My advice would be to pick up the one that you like the look of most when you come to buy. If you see one you like, go for that...

Personally I prefer Charcoal Cherry Burst myself but as others have said, its a preference and as its you that will be looking at it most, might as well get the one you prefer...

My Charcoal Cherry Special Semi Hollow...
MNZdo85.jpg

The 'odd one out' in my collection....

My advice would be to pick up the one that you like the look of most when you come to buy. If you see one you like, go for that...

Personally I prefer Charcoal Cherry Burst myself but as others have said, its a preference and as its you that will be looking at it most, might as well get the one you prefer...

My Charcoal Cherry Special Semi Hollow...
MNZdo85.jpg

The 'odd one out' in my collection....

Yeah, you should probably give that one a holiday in Dundee!;)

Back