Changing pickups in S2 Singlecut.

Barquentine

I've been playing around with pickup height in my S2 for the last couple of days and doing comparisons with my two other guitars which both have Bare Knuckle sets. I think the S2 pickups are good but they're not quite at BK levels. I've decided I want to put in a Rebel Yell set which are currently living in a Firebird. I know that the S2 is wired so that you don't lose all of one coil when using the split. Does this cause any issues with changing the pickups ?

As long as you have your polarity and which are the split wires figured out, you should be all set. The coil splits work by having a resistor soldered to the push-pull that keeps all of the second coil from going to ground - what that means for you, is that you just have to hook the wires up in the same location as the stock setup, and it should work the same.

Actually, there are 2 resistors, different values for each pickup. Just thought I should mention that to avoid confusion.

Thanks guys. I really tried to like the 7 pickups but they sound clumsy and brutish compared to my BKs.

Back