Change pickup switch place

godoy.rafa

Hi guys,

I am new at the forum and recently purchased a SE Custom 24 2012.
I don't like the place where the pickup switch is, because the whammy bar gets in my way and it is not possible to change position fast.
So, I want to put a 3-position Les Paul switch where the volume is, put the volume where the tone is, disable the tone and, if possible, put the push-pull in a switch form where the original pickup switch is.
Was I clear? Is this possible?

Thanks!

Welcome, you should have no problem making those swaps. Like you I don't like the positioning of the blade switches on the Customs for the same reason you described here, the tremolo (in its relaxed position) is always located precisely over the selector switch. For that reason I prefer the 5-way rotary.

That's the wonderful thing about guitars. If you want to mod it a little to make it better for yourself, it's just a matter of thinking it out carefully and then doing it.

I have no tone control on all my electric gtrs. It is like having it on 10 all the time. I also have the tap/split switch and it is more player friendly than the push/pull. If you are a constant pickup switcher like Yngwie, then that position for the toggle will serve you much better.

Back