Change pickup rings?

horax

rg3ech7g6arjmnsdxlph.jpg
I like the cream as they match the birds, but would black look better?

Also, if anybody is good at photoshop, could somebody do a mock up?

I think the black would look better myself. The white is just too much of a contrast on the darker colors, so it draws your eyes to it. I found several purple PRS guitars with black pickup mounting rings doing a google image search, just type “purple prs guitar with black pickups rings” and you’ll see several.

Another vote for black. I may have a chance later today to do a quick mockup for you.

No on the black rings ,will blend to much with the wrap. The white rings really pull the center color out. But nothing wrong with giving it a go and see how you like it.

prs sells the rings. The switch tip is a standard imperial tip. American Switchcraft tips can be found for cheap

prs sells the rings. The switch tip is a standard imperial tip. American Switchcraft tips can be found for cheap

Which is probably why Black suits 90% of colours much better than White and they know you are more likely to 'buy' Black Rings too so use 'white' with pretty much everything...

I'd much prefer it if they used 'Black' as Standard - especially on the darker stains. The white stands out too much and detracts from the overall look. In my case, with Fire Red Burst, Black would fit with the dark stripes and 'black' fade much better - same with the Purple above. Black can be too much on lighter/bright guitars so why 'co-ordinate' Pick-up rings as 'standard' too?

Back