Champagne Electrics CE24&22's

I know Serg that my Scarlett one is your favorite, but this is the one that started it all for me, and probably the one I would grab first (at worst second) in the "burning house" scenario...

It's so hard to pick a favorite, I want all of your CE's, hell... I want ALL THE CE's!!!!!! Digging the mineral streaks on that top too!

CE24 fan here as well - I've got two. If it weren't for this model, there's a good chance I never would have bought any PRS guitars, as the other USA models were always too expensive. The first is the first PRS I bought (used, a few years ago). I've Lifeson-o-fied it by replacing the winged tuners with the Phase IIs and putting in a 3-way toggle. I've got the original HFS, but the 59/09 sounds so good so I kept it in there. It's a '97, mahogany/maple.

red_CE24_zps914ca092.jpg
AlexLifesonPRS.jpg

My other CE24 I bought from the person who posted about it in his NGD in this thread:

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?6900-Hopefully-a-good-oldie-coming-my-way-%28first-post-introduction%29

I wasn't looking for another guitar, but the price was so good I had to get it. It is in the process of being Lifeson-o-fied as well. Once it's done I'll post some pics.

(Hint: it'll look just like the guitar discussed here: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthr...-you-tell-me-about-Alex-Lifeson-s-black-CE-24)

It's a '93, alder/maple, 7.5 lbs of rawk!

greenCE24_8_zps3d3d7b4c.jpg

CE22Blackbirdopenpups_zps2148d971.jpg
PRSCE22action_zps5e302aef.jpg
HowardCE22_zps66da92f9.jpg
OK if this thread is the "post your obligatory CE pics" thread, I'm going to obligatorily post my CE pics! This is now my #1. It is a '97 CE22 that has a bit of history. Supposedly the only CE ever produced with a maple board and black birds, it somehow ended up being owned by Howard Leese for a while, hence the last pic. Originally it had a satin finish but got sent back to the factory at some point to be refinished in a nice gloss black. After playing it with the pu covers for the last few months that I've owned it I decided to take them off to get a bit more edge to the tone, so it now looks like the first pic.

Love that blackbird!! That's truly what I want - not only that one in particular, but a CE 22 with a wide fat neck and maple fretboard. They're so rare, though. I don't want to have to buy a CE and a SAS and swap necks, but I know that has been done.

vim fuego said:
would love to

Pho745.jpg

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03138.jpg
[/quote:164r3hce]
Nice set up. Love the VHT, used to have that amp. A little trick for you to try....turn that global master volume up to about 2-3:00 then use you individual channel volumes to set your actual volume. You will get the "cranked" amp tone at any volume that way.

I have '98 CE24 in that same color. My first PRS and main guitar for over a decade. Mine's in need of some serious TLC and some fret work, but I'll never sell it and hope to get it rocking again soon. Sorry no pics!

Back