Ch-ch-ch-changes

Dude, I can't even open up my sweet 16. I'm relegated to headphones, or acoustic.
Maybe that's why I'm so into my acoustics as of late.

“Wow, sweetie, I love those pants - are they new? I really love how snug they are and how they show off every curve.”

That should buy you a couple weeks.

When I compliment my wife on her looks, she gives me a “stop bullsh!tting me” look.

Doesn’t even buy me one minute. :(

It might not be as bad as you think, guys...

Like others, I downsized and moved into a senior housing apartment complex that has a one-floor 2-room/kitchenette/full bathroom/storage room end unit with patio and garden area, front/back entrances that is home to my guitars and amp. (Caveat: amp space, and the wall space to hang guitars from).

Just so I obey daytime/nighttime noise ordinances, I can jam to my heart's content. The end unit adjoins one other unit next door, but the householder is usually away all week and only is at home weekend evenings. The remaining neighbors don't mind some music just so it doesn't cut into their after-lunch nap-time.

Don't ask me how this happened, but perhaps when originally being offered one of several units, my ears heard, "neighbor is usually away most of the week." That was likely a determining factor, as was the backyard parking lot situated away from the backdoor and adequate patio/garden space. And, the neighbor has occasionally been heard plugging in a bass guitar into a practice amp, so at least we're kindred spirits regards music. (The neighbor can't play worth beans, but neither can I, so there's that)

I usually practice in a window from 3 to 5 PM, which is sufficient for guitar practice. I might attend a local open-mic or blues jam some evening when I might feel inclined. (A guy needs some time away from home to play out occasionally)

So if you're looking to downsize to lower income housing (given your retirement income), do your research to your choice of location and put your names in as housing units become available. (It took 17 months for my name to come to the top of the waiting list for my current apartment, just like putting in an order for a guitar...)

When I compliment my wife on her looks, she gives me a “stop bullsh!tting me” look.

Doesn’t even buy me one minute. :(
Ha, when I do that my wife knows I mean every word of it... but she also knows I may be trying to sweet talk her into something else as well... So even though she knows I mean it, I get a "thank you" and then a quick exit or quick "I need too...." and then something she's got to do right this second to get out of getting railroaded into the back room... So, different, but similar. Same result, I assume :(

Ha, when I do that my wife knows I mean every word of it... but she also knows I may be trying to sweet talk her into something else as well... So even though she knows I mean it, I get a "thank you" and then a quick exit or quick "I need too...." and then something she's got to do right this second to get out of getting railroaded into the back room... So, different, but similar. Same result, I assume :(

My wife is one of those attractive women who thinks she isn’t. I’m sure if she’d realized how pretty she was when we were dating, she’d have found a much better catch than me!

My wife is one of those attractive women who thinks she isn’t. I’m sure if she’d realized how pretty she was when we were dating, she’d have found a much better catch than me!
My wife still isn't comfortable getting compliments about her looks.

Upon further review...

Today after watching the Michigan-Maryland game, I got in some good practice time, and realized that it’s not so much a matter of which amp is my favorite, it’s which amp works best for me for a certain style of play. So if I’m spending more time in one style than another, it becomes my de facto favorite. Change the project, and I can be back to the other amp.

I guess I don’t have a #1.

Back