Ch-ch-ch-changes

I've been in the condo for some time now, about 5 years I think. I'd have to confirm. Anyways, I miss being able to play a bit louder. Not that I ever played that loud at my house. I guess I miss not having to think about the volume levels.
This is what concerns me about selling/down sizing/retiring/moving... Where could I possibly make as much noise?

For a period of time my changes included more tubes and speakers, then it became all about low SPLs to appease the missus so now it’s a Kemper, which has been in storage with all of my gear since August as we continue to look for our next house...

For a period of time my changes included more tubes and speakers, then it became all about low SPLs to appease the missus so now it’s a Kemper, which has been in storage with all of my gear since August as we continue to look for our next house...
Dude... Paul... I'd be going ape-schlitz!
No rockin' noise for months?
Dayum... Bro hugs... and I hope the sh!tuation gets fixed up soon!

This is what concerns me about selling/down sizing/retiring/moving... Where could I possibly make as much noise?
My wife is looking at retirement options for going someplace warm for winter. One is a camper in Florida... which would mean one guitar and my Micro Cube. :eek:

I've been in the condo for some time now, about 5 years I think. I'd have to confirm. Anyways, I miss being able to play a bit louder. Not that I ever played that loud at my house. I guess I miss not having to think about the volume levels.
One major requirement when I bought my current house was that I needed a big area to play music, and the house needed to be separated enough from my neighbors they wouldn't mind me playing at high volume.

Fortunately my wife also plays (now), and she is also good with "strong" volume.

Speaking of which, we probably need to upgrade her bass amp...

One major requirement when I bought my current house was that I needed a big area to play music, and the house needed to be separated enough from my neighbors they wouldn't mind me playing at high volume.

Fortunately my wife also plays (now), and she is also good with "strong" volume.

Speaking of which, we probably need to upgrade her bass amp...

I clearly didn't consider how much I needed my own space and the ability to go a bit louder when I bought my condo. I just kept thinking how cool a 300 foot commute to work would be!

Yeah, but you guys don’t get to listen to Dream Theater on the way to work, so... I WIN! :p
If it weren’t for DT/Scorpions/Metallica I’d probably never have a reason to go WIde Open Throttle on the way to work. Don’t deprive me of my meager indulgences, please. NPR doesn’t get me to that happy place.

I downsized, gosh, 8 0r 9 years ago, from a large house to a condo. My solution was to buy a condo with a basement, add acoustical treatment, and have a corner unit next door to neighbors who are hard of hearing.

Seriously, though, I’ve considered adding a soundproof booth for recording stuff, but haven’t gotten around to it because no one’s ever asked me to turn down! :eek:

I downsized, gosh, 8 0r 9 years ago, from a large house to a condo. My solution was to buy a condo with a basement, add acoustical treatment, and have a corner unit next door to neighbors who are hard of hearing.

Seriously, though, I’ve considered adding a soundproof booth for recording stuff, but haven’t gotten around to it because no one’s ever asked me to turn down! :eek:

Shame you downsized, you could’ve held Les-Fest in the grounds of the old Casa de Schefman!

Back