Ch-ch-ch-changes

László

Too Many Notes
Since 2014 my #1 amp has been my HXDA, but lately I’ve been using my DG30 more. Maybe it’s just the type of material I’m recording, or maybe the DG30 has grown on me, but there it is. A change in the firmament may have occurred.

Of course, these things tend to go in cycles, so there’s that.

What’s changed for you, if anything?

Since 2014 my #1 amp has been my HXDA, but lately I’ve been using my DG30 more. Maybe it’s just the type of material I’m recording, or maybe the DG30 has grown on me, but there it is. A change in the firmament may have occurred.

Of course, these things tend to go in cycles, so there’s that.

What’s changed for you, if anything?

I'm not using my HXDA any more or less, Les (I love alliteration).

Next thing ya know, you'll be on a modeler.

Last edited:
I'm not using my HXDA any more or less, Les (I love alliteration).

Next thing ya know, you'll be on a modeler.

Just let me know when you’re ready to be the guitar player on my next world tour; I’ll play keys, you can play a modeler or whatever you want.

All we need is a really good singer, a great drummer and bass player, and we’re in business!

“Wait, there’s a world tour?”

“Yes, it will be the greatest venues, such as...well...friends’ basements and, uh...”

I just hauled out my Silver Sky for practice tonight with the Kemper.
So... I'll be playing a fake strat, plugged into a fake amp, whilst being a fake Tom Petty.

Should be "unreal"... :D

Hahaha! Excellent!

I love Tom Petty, and since he’s now deceased (I say respectfully), the world could use a fake Tom Petty.

Just let me know when you’re ready to be the guitar player on my next world tour; I’ll play keys, you can play a modeler or whatever you want.

All we need is a really good singer, a great drummer and bass player, and we’re in business!

“Wait, there’s a world tour?”

“Yes, it will be the greatest venues, such as...well...friends’ basements and, uh...”

“Wait! The Friends Basement World Tour is back on. I dibs lead trumpet! OK a part in the horn section. Look can I at least play tambourine or ocarina?!”

I just hauled out my Silver Sky for practice tonight with the Kemper.
So... I'll be playing a fake strat, plugged into a fake amp, whilst being a fake Tom Petty.

Should be "unreal"... :D

Don’t back down!

Back on to the OP...I think the term "cyclical" is perfect for those scenarios, Les.
Whether its your favorite guitar/bass/amp/pedals/etc...every once in a while, a little change is good, right???

for cycling ampaholics...victory amps finally released their 'vox' like head, think its top boost channel not really got a lot of normal or 2 channel, which is different / a pity

Just posting as I also go through changes in 'pretend' amps, but prefer and come back to vox type, although archon clean is another favourite

Back