Celestion Gold or Vintage 30 with Custom 50?

Fro

Has anyone used a Celestion Gold with their Custom 50 or H amp? Or would the Vintage 30 be the way to go?
I don't play metal but I will be playing anything from blues to rock (ZZ, VH, AC/DC).

I forgot that I had started a thread about speakers a couple months ago. The V30 was the most recommended back then.
I'm still curious about the Gold. Has anyone used a Celestion Creamback?

I have played my "H" with several different speaker configs (Greenbacks, Eminence Cannabis Rex, Red White & Blues and some Jensen P12Ns) and keep coming back to the V30s in my deep back cabs as my personal favorite... YMMV

Loving the custom 50 through a small cab with a V30.

One one thing I will say is that you've got to put the cab in the right place. It sounds very different flat on the floor versus on a tilt stand. I also like to get some air between men and the cab to really understand the true tone.

I have played my "H" with several different speaker configs (Greenbacks, Eminence Cannabis Rex, Red White & Blues and some Jensen P12Ns) and keep coming back to the V30s in my deep back cabs as my personal favorite... YMMV

I found a great deal on a new Avatar vintage 1x12 closed back cab with a Creamback in it. I'll try it out for a while and see if it's a good match. If not, I'll trade the Creamback for a V30.

Back