Cedar top recording for Les

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
Hi everyone, earlier this week in a one piece top thread Les requested I record some guitar playing with my 1989 Limited edition 300 Cedar top. I’ve been really jammed at work so I just threw this together tonight, recorded on my iPhone LOL I posted it on sound cloud, excuse mistakes it really was one take. I used some rhythm chords from the song Breathe on my PRS 12 string, looped it. Played solo on the LTD 300 Cedar top. Kept the solo on neck pick up on my clean setting using my AX8 with just Reverb. Sorry about the seat creaking, When I get some time I’ll do some recordings with drums, bass and stuff, good jam tracks.

Here you go Les, what you requested: https://soundcloud.com/andy-marussich/breath-rhythm-track

The guitars

7jrlvt3.jpg

Sounds beautiful, Andy! The guitar has a very clear, open sound, and I enjoyed the whole extravaganza.12 string sounds really nice, too. Playing’s sweet!

Thanks so much!

PS - What other gear are we hearing on the track?

Sounds beautiful, Andy! The guitar has a very clear, open sound, and I enjoyed the whole extravaganza.12 string sounds really nice, too. Playing’s sweet!

Thanks so much!

PS - What other gear are we hearing on the track

Thanks so much!

PS - What other gear are we hearing on the track?

Thanks Les! Only gear is the Guitars, Fractal AX8 through a Matrix FR12 Powered Cabinet. My own tweaked preset clean sound, effects in the preset are compression and cathedral reverb. As far as the amp head and cabinet in the preset I have to look on Axe edit software. It's some kind of modified Fender type head like a Bassman, and two 12 cabinet. When I get some time I'll record some stuff on my dusty digital multi-track recorder with some jam tracks and overdriven leads.

Thanks Les! Only gear is the Guitars, Fractal AX8 through a Matrix FR12 Powered Cabinet. My own tweaked preset clean sound, effects in the preset are compression and cathedral reverb. As far as the amp head and cabinet in the preset I have to look on Axe edit software. It's some kind of modified Fender type head like a Bassman, and two 12 cabinet. When I get some time I'll record some stuff on my dusty digital multi-track recorder with some jam tracks and overdriven leads.

Well, the result was very tasty! Nice work!

Back