CE24 Wiring Question

JJDon

I'm trying to reinstall the stock 85/15 TCIs in my 2020 CE24. The current pickups in there right now are a JB (Bridge) and 59 (Neck). I have the wiring schematics from the PRS website (below).

I see where they list on the schematics below that the neck/bridge "hot" (Black) pickup wires connect to the north/south prongs on the 3 way toggle (far right). I also see where the Neck/Bridge wires connect to the push-pull tone pot closest to the tone pot. However, I don't see where the red or green wires are supposed to connect to on the schematic below. There's also a metal wire I don't see accounted for (see second pick below).

Can anyone provide assistance on where the red/green/metal wires go to? Also, if the wiring is already the same between PRS and Seymour Duncan, let me know as I could just do a direct swap (see third pic). Based on the current Seymour Duncans in there, the red, green, and metal wires are all soldered onto the Push-pull tone pot with the red/white going together and the green/metal going together. Does that sound right?

Current Seymour Duncan pickup wiring

Providing the TCI pickups follow the same color code as the Tremonti pickups, the individual wires would be:
-Black (Hot to 3-way Toggle Switch)
-White (Ground)
-Red/Green (Series Connection to Push/Pull)
-Shield (Ground)

Providing the TCI pickups follow the same color code as the Tremonti pickups, the individual wires would be:
-Black (Hot to 3-way Toggle Switch)
-White (Ground)
-Red/Green (Series Connection to Push/Pull)
-Shield (Ground)

So that would basically be how they are in the picture already?

Best to email PRS for info on the TCI pickups unless an expert stops by. The diagrams currently available online are for the older pickups. I don't know anything about how TCI pickups are wired, other than the bare wire will always go to ground.

If you have a multimeter, you could probably figure it out. But yes, an email to PRS would get you the most official results.

Back