CE24 maple-top in 3 parts, is real?

I have never seen a THREE piece maple top on a PRS... that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Pics from inside the pup cavities might help...

Last edited:
Aww Yeah! That is super real, and super rare, and super awesome! CE's had a three piece maple Ten top option for awhile, I was not aware that birds were an option at the same time though.

Aww Yeah! That is super real, and super rare, and super awesome! CE's had a three piece maple Ten top option for awhile, I was not aware that birds were an option at the same time though.

the seller says it's ten top

I had many doubts about the authenticity of the guitar, but I think I will buy :). Anyway appreciate continue adding reviews

It is real - there were a limited number of CE's that left the factory one year that actually had 3 piece 10-tops with birds. Killer guitar man!

prstentop.jpg

Last edited:
OK...quick question...looking at my PRS gtrs, I notice some have a single side dot at the 12th and some have 2 side dots at 12th fret...was this decided by model, or by year of manufacture???

A few years ago the double dot on the 12th was implemented along with the new "Pattern" neck carves and a few other upgrades - it happened to all models.

It's real. And if you look closely at the back, it may be alder instead of mahogany (if the back is also multiple pieces, it's alder). I recall seeing some EG's that had 3-piece tops, as well.

Back