CE24 and new pedal day (UniVibe related)

57Strat777

I got a new pedal that I'm really excited about. Normally I am not a pedal guy, but the UniVibe has always seemed like such a cool and musical pedal to have. After much research over a few months, I decided to buy a Guitar Systems VibeTool. I am very pleased with this unit and it does everything I could expect from a Vibe type pedal. The sound is mesmerizing and the notes explode after their initial report. So cool!

I am using a CE24 and Friedman Pink Taco amp.

Last edited:
Hey guys- thanks for listening. This was my first time micing a speaker (vs using the camera's built in mic). I placed the SM57 mic pointing toward the edge of the speaker cone with the mic about 4 inches away from the speaker. Did the recording quality sound OK? It is hard for me to tell because I have hearing damage in both ears and can't hear anything above 2000 Hz.

Sounds great with that chewy Friedman. Great playing too.

I love the Univibe effect, it's like an MXR Phase 90 - if used tastefully, it just adds a treble boosting fire :mad: to lead passages. I can see how Hendrix and then Trower, especially, just got totally lost in it.

Back