CE wiring questions

Mattldm

Is this thing on?
So I really like how my CE sounds and how well the volume rolls back and cleans up and evenly it rolls up and down. I opened up the cavity just to see what’s going on and there’s way more capacitors than I expected to see... Can someone exlpain what’s going on here and what may be responsible for making the electronics on this guitar work the way they do.
E07ECCE5-3B1E-4504-8B88-B20BC6191C8C333e64f64d3f9944.jpg

FBCA977E-102E-4D98-AEA8-157CB537ABB687b467032cb4ebfe.jpg

is that a treble bleed?
There’s two caps on the tone pot and then another between the tone and volume?

The stripey things are resistors.

Go back to prs website and see a wiring diagram under support

The resistors on the coil taps prevent the shunt coil (slug in this case) from being completely cancelled. It allows the slug coil to contribute a little bit to the tone which keeps the output from dropping too much and the tone from getting too shrill.

That's a treble bypass cap on the volume, 180pf. This preserves a little more treble when rolling back the knob so the tone doesn't darken too much when you ride the volume.

The big yellow one is the tone cap. PRS have been using 0.033uf for a while now, which sort of splits the middle between typical Gibson and Fender cap values. Seems to work well with PRS pickups.

The resistors on the coil taps prevent the shunt coil (slug in this case) from being completely cancelled. It allows the slug coil to contribute a little bit to the tone which keeps the output from dropping too much and the tone from getting too shrill.

That's a treble bypass cap on the volume, 180pf. This preserves a little more treble when rolling back the knob so the tone doesn't darken too much when you ride the volume.

The big yellow one is the tone cap. PRS have been using 0.033uf for a while now, which sort of splits the middle between typical Gibson and Fender cap values. Seems to work well with PRS pickups.
Awesome thank you!

Back