CE violin top

xchefdino

I just sold my se custom 24/08 and got a brand new CE custom 24. I’m disappointed in the violin top on the CE. It’s just as shallow as the se. I thought it was supposed to be deeper cut. The core models are sweet. The specs say violin top for CE and shallow violin top for SE. I think they are the same. My CE looks almost flat, I have seen older CEs with beveled tone controls and deeper violin tops , when did they start making them the same as SE. ?

When PRS reintroduced the CE in 2016, after phasing them out around 2009. They eliminated the deep violin carve then (probably for cost-saving reasons.). I don’t see anything on the cE specs that says it has a violin carve.

The new style CEs are a rip off.

This company is becoming a joke.
They still make great guitars. But the prices are a joke. The new CE is like an se with core pickups I’ve owned a core se and ce. The ce sounds as good as the core. But way better than the se. it looks like and se though lol. The se is a steal for under $1000.

While I agree that the golden years seem to be well behind them (admittedly a highly subjective opinion), your comment is hard to take seriously.

Business is exceptional for them right now. That’s bound to promote arrogance in leadership and impact quality in production. It will also blind them to a lot of BS they’ll have to account for when times get hard again. Its human nature. But I wouldn’t say that they’re becoming a joke.

Not yet anyway.

Oh please. Since Covid inflation, the price of everything has to go up. You can’t shut down the world and not expect prices to climb. Remember, they paid everybody full salary during their shut down, and the cost of goods is increasing due to supply chain issues. The backlog is still not fixed in almost every industry. PRS could be cranking out guitars, using unskilled labor, and becoming like the other giants In the industry. They are doing their best to maintain quality. If you want a CE like the old CE, buy an old CE. They used to be VERY close to the price of the core. They reintroduced it at a lower price point relative to the cost of core. That was intentional. My newest PRS was the most perfectly made core instrument I could have imagined. I buy them to play them, not to pontificate and show my ignorance. I have every price level, and they’re all better than comparable guitars from other companies. It took me 50 years of playing to figure that out.

Oh please. Since Covid inflation, the price of everything has to go up. You can’t shut down the world and not expect prices to climb. Remember, they paid everybody full salary during their shut down, and the cost of goods is increasing due to supply chain issues. The backlog is still not fixed in almost every industry. PRS could be cranking out guitars, using unskilled labor, and becoming like the other giants In the industry. They are doing their best to maintain quality. If you want a CE like the old CE, buy an old CE. They used to be VERY close to the price of the core. They reintroduced it at a lower price point relative to the cost of core. That was intentional. My newest PRS was the most perfectly made core instrument I could have imagined. I buy them to play them, not to pontificate and show my ignorance. I have every price level, and they’re all better than comparable guitars from other companies. It took me 50 years of playing to figure that out.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with covid. I don't like the new style CEs, that's all, they should still be made the way they used to be. I don't like how they changed all of their various models actually.

There are a lot of things about the company that I don't like. I'm not getting into that right now though.

PRS used to be the best, imo, but I can't ever see myself ever buying another new one unless they offer something more like the original models.

That said, I do agree that their QC is still top notch and that's great.

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with covid. I don't like the new style CEs, that's all, they should still be made the way they used to be. I don't like how they changed all of their various models actually.

There are a lot of things about the company that I don't like. I'm not getting into that right now though.

PRS used to be the best, imo, but I can't ever see myself ever buying another new one unless they offer something more like the original models.

Ok, we get it… you no longer like PRS guitars. When your name is on the headstock of a guitar, you are free to do whatever you want. Can we leave it at that?

P.S. I’m not really a fan of the current generation of CE’s. And you know what…? I didn’t buy one, and I also didn’t announce to the world that I don’t like them and PRS should never have made the change (without first consulting me.)

Ok, we get it… you no longer like PRS guitars. When your name is on the headstock of a guitar, you are free to do whatever you want. Can we leave it at that?

P.S. I’m not really a fan of the current generation of CE’s. And you know what…? I didn’t buy one, and I also didn’t announce to the world that I don’t like them and PRS should never have made the change (without first consulting me.)

I hardly remember that day, that day my D went limp when I learned about the new CE. I didn’t say anything to anyone…. I just buried it deep down.

I hardly remember that day, that day my D went limp when I learned about the new CE. I didn’t say anything to anyone…. I just buried it deep down.
Now’s a good time to talk about it, Sergio. You’re amongst friends, and we won’t judge you. You’ve been burdened with this for way too long.

Back