CE violin top

I do like the carve for the controls/knobs of the core line. Makes it much easier for push/pulls. I wish that would be in the s2/CE line but I get and accept that’s a luxury and attention to detail left for the higher line

I do like the carve for the controls/knobs of the core line. Makes it much easier for push/pulls. I wish that would be in the s2/CE line but I get and accept that’s a luxury and attention to detail left for the higher line

My experience is the opposite. It’s much, much easier to use the push/pull on my CE24 than my 594. Not that either is particularly difficult, it’s just that the recessed knobs on the 594 take a bit more practice.

I used a drop in 594 pot kit in an s2 594. The tone pots sit much higher compared to a CE or core guitar. I actually really love it. Makes it super easy to pull the knobs.

Thought to be more reliable than push push? Easier for some people to know what’s the setup than the 5 way blade. I would say switches work wonders but some people may not like their looks.

Cost effective traditional way of doing things that's easy to use, modify, and more pickup hardware options than switches.

IMO, only mistake PRS made with new CE was calling it a CE. Automatically invites comparison with the old CE, which was more or less a bolt on core.

If they called it a “somewhere between S2 and Core“ I think there’d be less bitching about it, although that might be hard to fit on truss rod cover.

IMO, only mistake PRS made with new CE was calling it a CE. Automatically invites comparison with the old CE, which was more or less a bolt on core.

If they called it a “somewhere between S2 and Core“ I think there’d be less bitching about it, although that might be hard to fit on truss rod cover.
The internet would still find a reason to complain.

The truss rod cover is too big!

Good points about the push pulls. I've never used them or push push much, but the little that I did push push seemed easier.

Back