CE 24 Gig Bag

Kinsman

How good is this bag? I'm considering a mono but I don't want to spend the cash unnecessarily. Those of you that have a CE care to comment on the quality of the bag?

Thanks!

I don't have a CE but I have an S2. I think they have the same gig bag. I also have a Mono gig bag. My S2 bag is very good but my Mono bag is better. I think that Paul uses an SE gig bag when he travels with his guitar if that tells you anything about the quality of the bags.

At the PRS Experiences, I saw quite a few SE bags lugging core ( and nicer) guitars around all the time...they are much nicer than others out there, but not quite a Mono...just picked up my first Mono (Vertigo for bass) and its damned near a whole case, but really nice.

Thanks everyone, sounds like the mono bag is the better move. Particularly since I would also love to store the hardshells.

If you don't mind a follow up, what's your mono of choice?

fwiw I have an SE gigbag.

I was impressed by the quality - it's very thick, like one of my more pricey fender bags, but it's a lot less flexible. It's no hard case though. And the zips sometimes get stuck (it also doesn't open as far as I'd like it to).

The best case I ever had was an old pod case for my LP - one of the first crop of hybrid hardcase and bag. No panels, just thick material over solid foam. Light as hell, took bumps like a crash helmet and because of the snug fit I felt it protected better than my hardcases do.

I'm currently searching for something similar for my PRS SE

I currently drag my P24 around in a PRS hard case, while my other SE or "cheaper" guitars/instruments travel in gig bags. I think I will switch over to use an SE gig bag for the P24 because the other guitars are staying perfectly protected. The instruments typically travel in the back seat of my SUV, with the heavier gig gear in the cargo area behind. So the hard case isn't really needed.

The PRS gig bags are great. I have carried guitars (PRS and otherwise) to plenty of gigs in them.

The Mono bags are a step above, but to be fair they are on an entirely higher level than any typical gig bag. I use a Gator ProGo as my main case for carrying to gigs. Far less expensive than a Mono, but great quality and protection. Most of my hardshells live under the bed and only come out if I'm dropping the guitar off at the shop.

I ALWAYS use my PRS bag for all of my core guitars. No issues they are great!!!

If I already owned one I would not get a Mono - to save $$$

Whoa! I just looked to see what them cases cost... f@ck that! They're like the same price as a really nice used SE with a gig bag. Buy one of them and put the gig bag inside the new guitars gig bag and get a free guitar. I think that's how it works?

Since I've never owned either of the Mono or CE / S2, I don't have much input on either gig bag. Well, other than the fact that I have an SE bag, which has held up really well with over ten years worth of heavy usage. Like others have mentioned, I also use my SE bag to carry my Core models.

I will say that I would LOVE it if PRS made the CE / S2 gig bag available through the Accessory Store. I love the look of the all black with the PRS Signature embroidery (as opposed to the "Block" logo look).

I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.

I`m strictly a gig bag user on my core, S2 & SE guitars. I have a stack of hard cases getting dusty. I`ve never had a problem with my PRS bags. By the way, they have a hangar in the top of the bag. If you sweet talk the staff, you can sometimes hang them up on an airplane.

I looked at a Mono for one of my guitars, but was bugged by the material they use to protect the lining from the bridge. It wasn't smooth, it had kind of a rough nylon/sandpapery feel. I got the idea that it'd scratch the guitar.

Back when Reunion Blues made their classic leather bags, I found them highly protective, and no problem at all to travel with. But they're no longer made, and I think the new models that are now made overseas kind of suck.

PRS used to offer a really awesome leather bag. Might have been made for them by Reunion Blues, maybe not; but it was similar in a ton of details to their gusseted bag. I had one, but the guy who bought one of my guitars wanted to include it in a larger deal, so I don't have it any more.

However...I think that for most purposes, the PRS nylon bag would be just fine.

I have at least six S2 and SE gig bags (ime the SE and S2 bags are pretty much identical except for color and the exterior labeling)... I've been using the SE bags for years to tote my core guitars around; I've even sourced them for friends of mine who saw mine as I was hauling stuff too and fro and said they wanted me to find them a gig bag like that. I keep an eye out for them locally and will snag one when I see one for sale for <$40 (which is surprisingly often)... They're tough and well padded and I have had zero problems with mine. The only guitars I won't carry in one are my Hollowbody II SC and my Starla (because of the Bigsby), otherwise, everything goes to the gig in a SE or S2 gig bag. I have no doubt that Mono bags must be better - they cost more than a new PRS HSC after all - but I wouldn't bother investing in one myself, as these PRS gig bags suit me just fine.

I actually received a Core gigbag with an SE, and it's not terribly different from the SE bags. Signature logo, but not much more...

So many compelling arguments. I may need to simply get the CE and see what the bag is like. It's great to see the love Mono gets but many of you really seem to trust the PRS bag. I appreciate all the input!

Anyone have a pic of the inside of that PRS gig bag?

Anyone have a pic of the inside of that PRS gig bag?
It's dark.

Oh, you mean with the zipper open, etc. ;)

Not sure what you are looking for - it is a soft material,well padded, no useful features to photograph.

It's dark.

Oh, you mean with the zipper open, etc. ;)

Not sure what you are looking for - it is a soft material,well padded, no useful features to photograph.
Fair enough, I just wondered if it had any unique PRS-y features, hehe.

Back