Case Thoughts...

I prefer hardcases, even though they are heavy. Extra protection for precious cargo, especially when the in-laws are over (although they did break a buckle off of one case, and spilt coffee all over my amp). :eek:

I stash all my gear with the in-laws come. I even take the fork part of the guitar hangers off the wall. Knowing my father in law, he'd hang his bag from one.

I've never owned a guitar with a case as heavy as the PRS standard case. When I she bought me my McCarty in Texas, I had to leave before her to come back to work. I had to lug that case with the guitar in it all over DFW airport and thought I was gonna have my arm fall off. The guitar hasn't rested in the case in well over a decade and when I have gone out, it's been in a bag. I don't know what it is in Hawaii, maybe the traveling Troubadour mentality, but everyone HATES cases here and all you see are gig bags.......and dinged up guitars... It has to be the best case sold with a production guitar.

Guitars only leave my house in a case if I'm selling them. I'd love the option of a nice gig bag instead of a case with a PRS.

I don't save guitar boxes for shipping. New ones can be ordered from Uline and I get them next day do to proximity.

This is the old Fender case I have used since 1970. It dates from 50s/60s. It was already pretty beat up when I got it, with frayed stitching, worn leather and corroded latches. It originally carried my Strat, then a Jackson (neck support augmented with pipe lagging) and now a custom build Strat again.

I added an embossed brass name plate to it at around 1980. Its traveled a few thousand miles with me and protected the guitars perfectly for close on to 50 years.

R5Qlo2E.jpg

This is the old Fender case I have used since 1970. It dates from 50s/60s. It was already pretty beat up when I got it, with frayed stitching, worn leather and corroded latches. It originally carried my Strat, then a Jackson (neck support augmented with pipe lagging) and now a custom build Strat again.

I added an embossed brass name plate to it at around 1980. Its traveled a few thousand miles with me and protected the guitars perfectly for close on to 50 years.

R5Qlo2E.jpg

Love the case! The very first PRS cases were the same make as these. One of my PRS survived a recent trip being bounced around by British Rail in the PRS version so I guess they do work. I'd still rather have something like an Anvil case for any serious travel though. I used to use a Gibson Protector case from a Les Paul when I had a Santana as it fitted great - I can just squeeze a PRS Custom in to the same Protector case but I'm not happy with the fit so have never tried beyond the trial fitting.

DSC00214.jpg

IMG5762.jpg

Last edited:
Love the case! The very first PRS cases were the same make as these. One of my PRS survived a recent trip being bounced around by British Rail in the PRS version so I guess they do work. I'd still rather have something like an Anvil case for any serious travel though, especially with a set-neck guitar with a tipped-back headstock - a Strat or Tele would be fine in one of these (and a Jackson too it seems). I used to use a Gibson Protector case from a Les Paul when I had a Santana as it fitted great - I can just squeeze a PRS Custom in to the same Protector case but I'm not happy with the fit so have never tried beyond the trial fitting.

DSC00214.jpg

IMG5762.jpg

I love the fade on that guitar!

Love the case! The very first PRS cases were the same make as these. One of my PRS survived a recent trip being bounced around by British Rail in the PRS version so I guess they do work. I'd still rather have something like an Anvil case for any serious travel though, especially with a set-neck guitar with a tipped-back headstock - a Strat or Tele would be fine in one of these (and a Jackson too it seems). I used to use a Gibson Protector case from a Les Paul when I had a Santana as it fitted great - I can just squeeze a PRS Custom in to the same Protector case but I'm not happy with the fit so have never tried beyond the trial fitting.

DSC00214.jpg

IMG5762.jpg
Smexy!:D

Back