case options?

Keith Williams

Well I've found my way back to having a pair of PRS wood library guitars recently. Not one to tuck them away, I'd consider gigging the DGT. Here's the question. Is there something stouter than my Mono gig back but less back breaking and large than the PRS case?

Well I've found my way back to having a pair of PRS wood library guitars recently. Not one to tuck them away, I'd consider gigging the DGT. Here's the question. Is there something stouter than my Mono gig back but less back breaking and large than the PRS case?
If you can find one, the InCase gig bags that were available separately or with the John Mayer Fenders were absolutely incredible. I think they were higher quality than any other heavy-duty gig bag on the market. Unfortunately, they're no longer made, but I've seen them pop up from time to time on the online sites.

I had the Fender version; my local GC had a couple of loose ones.The bag fit my CU22 Soapbar very well. I felt it was a quality piece.

If you can find one, the InCase gig bags that were available separately or with the John Mayer Fenders were absolutely incredible. I think they were higher quality than any other heavy-duty gig bag on the market. Unfortunately, they're no longer made, but I've seen them pop up from time to time on the online sites.

I had the Fender version; my local GC had a couple of loose ones.The bag fit my CU22 Soapbar very well. I felt it was a quality piece.
Was going to say the same thing.

Which model is that? I could use one. I take a PRS to play in the factory case and it triples the weight of the guitar. Don’t need all that for transporting a guitar from car to stage and back.

Nice, but not near as protective as the rigid Gator case.
Agree, but probably good enough to transport them in my car... unless I get runover by a train or something. Which I'm not planning on. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the Gator Lightweight that Steve showed me today, I'll probably find one of those that fits doublecuts and use that instead. WAY more protective than a bag, and LIGHT!!! WIn/Win!

I used to use a similar Gator for an acoustic. Excellent case bag! Sold it with an acoustic, wish I had kept it.

The one Steve showed me yesterday was for single cuts. Same exact thing made for double cuts is what I'll be getting. EDIT: It appears they don't make one for double cuts. :() That thing was way more protective than a bag, and so light I couldn't believe it... like it was formed foam, wrapped in a heavy denier or something. Plus, while I like flying the PRS banner, if you play in some rougher places, a few well placed Hello Kitty stickers would disguise your prized guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Back