Case for S2 Custom 22

Paladin

As some of you may remember, I scored this 2014 S2 Custom 22 off Craigslist recently - with the stock PRS gig bag included. And while it's not a bad gig bag at all, I am still wanting a hardshell case for this guitar.

Anybody know of a case that fits this model? I do have a spare Gator case, but that case doesn't fit this guitar.

What cases do you guys use for your S2 Custom 22's (or 24's)?..

Thanks!

UCUuG1A.jpg

FPUdb4p.jpg

Last edited:
SKB for my S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow from Amazon, link below.
SKB Injection Molded Guitar Case, PRS Shaped Interior, TSA Latches with wheels (3i-4214-PRS)

Worth the $$$ to me, and it has built in wheels for pulling it behind you.
I have this same case for my 2013 408 MT, my SE Zach Myers, and the SE Tremonti Custom.
This case fits most PRS guitars perfectly.

10.jpg

That's a beautiful case, Corey! Thanks for the tip on this one, but $250 is a little more than I want to spend on one, to be honest..

I see Sweetwater has a case for $200 that looks like it might fit, and Reverb has a few used ones that I might check out, also..

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRSCase

https://reverb.com/item/298008-fitt...mith-prs-custom-ce-22-24-black-tolex-multifit

Last edited:
Thanks.
And yes, the Sweetwater linked case will fit as that is the PRS factory case, and I own a bunch of those also.
They fit the S2 Custom 22, 408 shape, and also singlecuts.
However with singlecuts the lower bout tends to not lay flat thus making the neck stick up.
That is why I first got the SKB case to cure that.
But that PRS case will work perfectly with your S2 shaped guitar.

Thanks.
And yes, the Sweetwater linked case will fit as that is the PRS factory case, and I own a bunch of those also.
They fit the S2 Custom 22, 408 shape, and also singlecuts.
However with singlecuts the lower bout tends to not lay flat thus making the neck stick up.
That is why I first got the SKB case to cure that.
But that PRS case will work perfectly with your S2 shaped guitar.

Good to know about the Sweetwater case.

I may try to get a used PRS case from Reverb (they seem to run from $100-150 there used), but I may just go ahead and get the Sweetwater one if nothing is available at Reverb any time soon.

Thanks for all the info!

There is a roadrunner polyfoam case that weighs very little and offers hard case protection. I really like it for everything except airplane baggage compartments.

Daves Guitar sells OEM PRS cases for $99. I fyou don't mind used.

My S2 (Standard 24) doesn't fit into my Core (McCarty) case. The necks are on different angles.

Not sure if an S2 Custom 22 will fit into a Core Custom 22 case, but you probably want to confirm before spending the money.

My S2 (Standard 24) doesn't fit into my Core (McCarty) case. The necks are on different angles.

Not sure if an S2 Custom 22 will fit into a Core Custom 22 case, but you probably want to confirm before spending the money.

Good point.. I see Dave's has an 800 #, so I'll ask them that question before ordering one of their used Core CU22 cases..

I bought a Gator hardshell case for my S2 standard 24.

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16134-808/gc-electric-a

Was $100. Fits ti great and offers great protection while still reasonably lightweight.

I can't imagine it wouldn't fit yours.

Thanks for the tip, but I've actually got this same exact Gator case, and my S2 Custom 22 doesn't fit into it at all, unfortunately..

Great case, though. It fits my Teles and Strats perfectly..

Last edited:
that's a shame. As I said, it fits my S2 standard 24 perfectly. Sorry about that!

Yeah, I tried it, believe me - but no way would it fit in this Gator case.. I guess the S2 Standard 24 and the S2 Custom 22 must have slightly different contours.

Thanks for the suggestion on this Gator case, though - I can definitely see why you thought my S2 Custom 22 might fit it.

Found a case for the S2 Custom 22 - a perfect fit. And I had it all along...

Was opening my SKB "Freedom" case yesterday that I keep a Tele in - and decided to see if my S2 Custom 22 would fit in it. (For some reason, I hadn't tried this case yet..)

Shocked - a perfect fit!

Last edited:
Back