Cars, Cigars & Guitars (One Man's Lament)

To what would you attribute the loss of interest with that kind of stash left to smoke?

To what would you attribute the loss of interest with that kind of stash left to smoke?

That's a great question, and I'm not sure that I could point to any one thing. I used to have one with my morning coffee, two or three times a week. On the deck with a scotch or bourbon, and a book was a regular occurrence. I'd been smoking them since the early 90s, so it wasn't like the "fad" wore off. The Mrs stopped smoking cigarettes about 4 years ago. Maybe I didn't want to tempt her by smoking aorund her? That wasn't a conscious decision on my part. A couple of years ago the family disease caught up to me (diabetes). Again, not a conscious decision to stop.

You ever go a few months without touching a guitar? It started kind of like that.

I've got some quality sticks that I either need to smoke, or start sending out care packages.

You ever go a few months without touching a guitar?
That is just crazy talk.

I've got some quality sticks that I either need to smoke, or start sending out care packages.
Send out a couple of small bundles a month until touching them gets you interested again, or you run out.
I’d start by taking a few to Shawn and sending a few to Hans.
Does Eddie smoke cigars?

That is just crazy talk.

Send out a couple of small bundles a month until touching them gets you interested again, or you run out.
I’d start by taking a few to Shawn and sending a few to Hans.
Does Eddie smoke cigars?

Shawn....thanks for the tip. I'll be seeing him in about 10 days!

I could send some non Cubans to Hans, too.

If you guys were on the market for a fun-to-drive and all-wheel-drive 2-door car. What would it be?

My wife and I are a big fan of the new Ford Mustang GT's with a plain ol' V8 engine and none of that eco-boost crap. She has a 425hp GT with every bell & whistle they offer and a track package. It will accelerate fast enough to make you pee in your pants.

I paid off my 2013 Ford F150 (also with a regular V8 engine) and it has barely lost any of it's value. I would avoid those stupid Raptor packages like the plague. I bought a new 2018 F-150 with a bigger cab and a few more bells & whistles than my other truck. Use full synthetic motor oil and they will last forever. (Yes, now I have two 4WD's at the same time... and a Harley :p )

Decision made. Car ordered. On 11 Feb I pick up this model in this color (but mine with a manual) from the BMW factory in Munich.

Best part? I have a loaner car until then. No more dangerously cold, wet, motorcycle rides to work.

I fuggin’ love that! Now, we need pics of the loaner.

Satin is too slippery in the seats of a car like that.
If you drive with the windows down long enough (as in, years), there’s enough road dust accumulation to keep you stuck to the seats, even if you’re wearing a night gown.

Satin is too slippery in the seats of a car like that.
Is that a slight directed towards me? It kinda feels like it is. :oops:
A slight? Since when did you know me to be passive aggressive??!! Peter mentioned satin, which instantly made me, respectfully, think of you. My suggestion continued that spirit of respect. It could, however, refer to the passenger seat and what red-blooded guy hasn’t envisioned a girl in night wear in the passenger seat of their Porsche? Of course, the 5-point harness might obscure the fantasy.

Oh, wait...you meant Peter...:oops:

A slight? Since when did you know me to be passive aggressive??!! Peter mentioned satin, which instantly made me, respectfully, think of you. My suggestion continued that spirit of respect. It could, however, refer to the passenger seat and what red-blooded guy hasn’t envisioned a girl in night wear in the passenger seat of their Porsche? Of course, the 5-point harness might obscure the fantasy.

Oh, wait...you meant Peter...:oops:
:p

Of course, the 5-point harness might obscure the fantasy.

Oh wait... did you say Porsche? I could only find the requisite photo with Ferrari. I had better keep searching.

107121d1230945628-6-pt-harness-girl-skirt-5-point-racing-belts.jpg

Decision made. Car ordered. On 11 Feb I pick up this model in this color (but mine with a manual) from the BMW factory in Munich.

Best part? I have a loaner car until then. No more dangerously cold, wet, motorcycle rides to work.

VERY COOL! I had an M3 a few years ago and I still miss it terribly! The M cars have always been really hard to beat, and this new generation is I'm sure no exception! Conrats on the new ride and on no more cold & wet commutes!

These days are over...yay!

Congratulations Hans.
As a fellow M-series owner...I’m sure you will love it...there’s nothing like an M!

Back