Carlos playing a gold single cut for superbowl?

How the fook did Coldplay get as big as they have?!?!

People really like their music is how. The largest album sales in history pecking order is now Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Wings...and Coldplay.

You don't have to be a technical wizard to have people relate to your music. Interesting, huh?

I think they're pretty darn good myself. I like the songwriting.

It's hard to write songs that appeal to millions of people. Try it some time. Not an easy thing. ;)

Don't forget Rush in those record sales numbers. They are within the top five. I thought Gaga was pretty good, not a Coldplay fan and the steam punk chicks were just weird. I thought the who was the best recent show.

People really like their music is how. The largest album sales in history pecking order is now Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Wings...and Coldplay.

You don't have to be a technical wizard to have people relate to your music. Interesting, huh?

I think they're pretty darn good myself. I like the songwriting.

It's hard to write songs that appeal to millions of people. Try it some time. Not an easy thing. ;)

Don't talk down to me Les!!!

I get why they are big. I get that lots of people like them and lots of people buy their albums.

But compared to those other acts you mentioned...?

BTW... Coldplay have a long way to go to match those bands in terms of album sales. Not even half what those acts have managed.

I liked Coldplay a lot when they first started. They had some genuinely good tunes but for too long it's been the Chris Martin show.

But hey... I'm the kind of guy who thinks (apart from a handful of acts) good music is getting harder to find these days.

Each to their own.. It's all good!

I bet Santana's SC was a gold foil, as in the metallic foil looking finish, perhaps not the "gold foil" gold foil...Looked badass anyway.
I think it was actual gold foil. I saw a good foil single cut back in July when I visited the factory. It was a true gold foil. One piece at a time.

I think it was actual gold foil. I saw a good foil single cut back in July when I visited the factory. It was a true gold foil. One piece at a time.
Cav6LI2W4AAV_Ib.jpg:large

The term you guys are searching for is gold leaf. I know because I'm prissy.

Coldplay changed into a bouncy keyboard band, first album life changing, then Meh. I blame that skinny blonde bird with the strange eating habits.

(Metal Gear Solid 5!)

Re Manning and Budweiser. Not the first time he has done that. As best I can tell, he was not paid (directly) to do that. However, him owning Bud franchises COULD sorta make you inclined to tout your own product.

My wife and I both thought he said he intended to drink a lot of 'beer', not 'Budweiser'... I'd have to see a replay...

Yep, going to get it again for the PS4. Just got done replaying the remastered Uncharted games. Good stuff!

There's actually photos of Santana playing a Goldtop on Google images. Can't embed the photos here but they're easy to find. Not the Gold singlecut we're talking about here though. I'll see if I can find the video...

Back