Car Shopping: Anything Good?

I can’t believe what I’m reading in this thread! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You guys are trying to domesticate the untamable beast. You guys are trying to turn Sergio into a boring NORMAL person!

Sergio, DO NOT LISTEN to them! DO NOT fall for the banana in the tailpipe... OR the minivan in the driveway. What about all those college girls that check you out now, and whisper about you being a rock star when you drive by. What will they think if they see you drive by in a soccer mom car? Think about the girls, Sergio! And Paco!

This is a nice “family” car. Plenty of room in the back for the baby.

This is a nice “family” car. Plenty of room in the back for the baby.

Really??? Are you kidding me??? I mean, that’s an obvious choice, and a personal favorite of mine, but you do realize, he has a child, right? You need at least a “pretend” back seat to appease the wife. This is clearly much more a “family” vehicle.

960x0.jpg

Clearly a better choice. Back seat for baby seat? Check. Convenient “Fresh air” option? Check. Paco is a rock star with the babes at preschool? Yeah, still CHECK!

I can’t believe your recommendation. You must be an empty nester! :rolleyes:

:p

I’m getting cold feet on the CR-V, it’s like, almost 30k for a new EX.

Buying a new slightly fancy-ish car seems like a good idea until it doesn’t. I mean.... it’s gonna get f@cked up no matter what, right?

I saw an ad for a new 2019 Ford Escape S that’s only $16,000 and change....That wouldn’t hurt so bad when it inevitably gets backed into it n the preschool parking lot, and wouldn’t dip into my “avocado toast” budget quite as much.

So, you're saying that my "Tri-State Drifters Club," "Catch me if you can, fuzzman," "Ice cold Coors Light on board" and "Legalize Pot Now" bumper stickers are a problem?
It’s the, “what’s the matter officer, Duncan Donuts closed?” question after you roll the window down.

Btw, I got both of my boys in the 911 when they were 14 and 15. It did end with, “you cannot make me get in there again” after picking them up from wrestling, but, you know, it’s possible.

Last edited:
It’s the, “what’s the matter officer, Duncan Donuts closed?” question after you roll the window down.

Btw, I got both of my boys in the 911 when they were 14 and 15. It did end with, “you cannot make me get in there again” after picking them up from wrestling, but, you know, it’s possible.
One of my cars I had my senior year of high school was a Fiat X1/9 Mid engine... I took my younger brother and a friend to the movies one night, 45 minutes away. My younger brother was a fullback and his friend was 6'4" center of the JV basketball team. It was pretty funny. I had to take the top off because the friends head was sticking up above the roof line since they were both trying to cram into one small bucket seat. One night when I had my Firebird convertible, I took myself and 7 other people to the drive in. o_O Seat belt laws would prohibit those shenanigans today.

I’m getting cold feet on the CR-V, it’s like, almost 30k for a new EX.

Buying a new slightly fancy-ish car seems like a good idea until it doesn’t. I mean.... it’s gonna get f@cked up no matter what, right?

I saw an ad for a new 2019 Ford Escape S that’s only $16,000 and change....That wouldn’t hurt so bad when it inevitably gets backed into it n the preschool parking lot, and wouldn’t dip into my “avocado toast” budget quite as much.

Why not look at something Certified? A year, or two old, with less than 20k miles on it.

Why not look at something Certified? A year, or two old, with less than 20k miles on it.
I'm tellin' ya... as pedestrian as the Venza looks, go try it. Very nice ride, the rear passenger will NEVER bump knees on the back of the front seat (amazing amount of room), and the cargo capacity is fantastic for band gear.

That’s totally a possibility.

I'm tellin' ya... as pedestrian as the Venza looks, go try it. Very nice ride, the rear passenger will NEVER bump knees on the back of the front seat (amazing amount of room), and the cargo capacity is fantastic for band gear.

My MIL had one until she hit a herd of cows with it (Wisconsin) it was nice.

One of my cars I had my senior year of high school was a Fiat X1/9 Mid engine... I took my younger brother and a friend to the movies one night, 45 minutes away. My younger brother was a fullback and his friend was 6'4" center of the JV basketball team. It was pretty funny. I had to take the top off because the friends head was sticking up above the roof line since they were both trying to cram into one small bucket seat. One night when I had my Firebird convertible, I took myself and 7 other people to the drive in. o_O Seat belt laws would prohibit those shenanigans today.
Luckily the boys weren’t full size yet. Now, at 6’3” and a former linebacker (kinda small compared to those full backs!) and 6’4”, unless their legs folded backwards, there ain’t no way.

Now, since you mention convertible Firebirds, my buddy had a ‘67 in high school and college and we routinely took 8 girls at a time to the local Dairy Queen for “ice cream”. It was one of the hang-outs. If you exceeded the speed limit by, say, 2x, halter tops became hats. :D No, I was not driving.

Luckily the boys weren’t full size yet. Now, at 6’3” and a former linebacker (kinda small compared to those full backs!) and 6’4”, unless their legs folded backwards, there ain’t no way.

Now, since you mention convertible Firebirds, my buddy had a ‘67 in high school and college and we routinely took 8 girls at a time to the local Dairy Queen for “ice cream”. It was one of the hang-outs. If you exceeded the speed limit by, say, 2x, halter tops became hats. :D No, I was not driving.
Mine was a 69. Bright orange, white top, white vinyl interior. I was cool. :p Back when drive-ins were open 9 months a year, we went 9 months! We'd throw 4-5 lawn chairs in the trunk because there is no way 6-8 people were sitting in there to watch movies. Sometimes only 2-4 of us, when it was so cold we had blankets over us ;) Boy, life was easy back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes: No, wasn't driving, too busy looking :)

Back