Car Shopping: Anything Good?

Women can be bada$$es in these situations. Years ago, we were trying to buy our first minivan. The dealer we were talking to was dragging things out and trying to get us to buy. They brought the sales manager in and he asked what it would take to get us to make the deal. My wife said, "Come down another $1000 on the price." The guy said, "I can't do that." My wife didn't miss a beat - she just said, "Then you shouldn't have asked the question, should you?" Ended up walking out on that one.

Sounds like Mrs A! I call her “my little nest of Vipers”!

I can’t believe what I’m reading in this thread! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You guys are trying to domesticate the untamable beast. You guys are trying to turn Sergio into a boring NORMAL person!

Sergio, DO NOT LISTEN to them! DO NOT fall for the banana in the tailpipe... OR the minivan in the driveway. What about all those college girls that check you out now, and whisper about you being a rock star when you drive by. What will they think if they see you drive by in a soccer mom car? Think about the girls, Sergio! And Paco!

You guys are trying to domesticate the untamable beast. You guys are trying to turn Sergio into a boring NORMAL person!

Sergio, DO NOT LISTEN to them! DO NOT fall for the banana in the tailpipe... OR the minivan in the driveway. What about all those college girls that check you out now, and whisper about you being a rock star when you drive by. What will they think if they see you drive by in a soccer mom car? Think about the girls, Sergio! And Paco!

Apparently, you didn't see my post.:cool::D

I tried to reel him back in...but I was too late.:(

Apparently, you didn't see my post.:cool::D

I tried to reel him back in...but I was too late.:(

He's gone guys... you're going to have to let it go...
Maybe he'll come back...

I truly appreciate the concern, Howie. You’re a good friend to step up and call me out, and I know you’ve got my best interests at heart.

However... a proper disguise is imperative when you’re a shady @ss Mofo. My last two cars made me look like a cop, or a government employee (I ruffled feathers with some of my more nefarious acquaintances a few times when I pulled up with my first black Mercury Grand Marquis. Some of them are still unconvinced I’m not, not a federal agent).

And to be completely honest, I was at my most prolific point in life with the ladies when I drove my Nissan Quest minivan. My sister had one of those license plate holders emblazoned with “Proud to be a soccer mom” on it and gave it to me as a gift on my 28th birthday... she thought it was hilarious until I promptly installed it, and continued to rock it for the life of the car.

You see, you don’t traffic in narcotics, guns, or guitars in a black Yukon with tinted windows, or a red sports car, or even a white cargo van... it’s too obvious, and you’ll get caught.

No, you do that sh!t in a Sandstorm Metallic CR-V while wearing pleated khakis, a polo, and with a phone holster and those neoprene sunglass croakies. So me getting a vehicle like this is a return to form, and a step towards living my best life again.

When you put it that way, it all makes sense. I just had this image and saw these guys trying to domesticate you and make you a boring dad like "some" of the rest of us. I couldn't just stand by and watch that happen. See, some of us need a cool car just so we aren't so boring! But I see you have a plan. A good plan. Much more well thought out than mine. Although, I did get a young (25-ish) girl checking me out today on the way to work, and unlike usual, when we stopped in traffic right next to me and she got a good look, she actually smiled and gave me the thumbs up sign. Needless to say, the first thing I did when I got to work was stepped out and tried to see if the windows are tinted so dark that you can't really see in... :rolleyes: but they aren't, so I'm going with "king for a day" while I still can.

And to be completely honest, I was at my most prolific point in life with the ladies when I drove my Nissan Quest minivan. My sister had one of those license plate holders emblazoned with “Proud to be a soccer mom” on it and gave it to me as a gift on my 28th birthday... she thought it was hilarious until I promptly installed it, and continued to rock it for the life of the car.

So now she needs to get you one that says, "Scrub Speed, Not Floors".

Ordinarily I'd agree, but I drove 2 minivans through the years, and let me tell you, cops don't even glance at them. Speeding, illegal u turns, getting waved through sobriety check points, yeah, a white minivan might be the most inconspicuous vehicle ever made.

Ordinarily I'd agree, but I drove 2 minivans through the years, and let me tell you, cops don't even glance at them. Speeding, illegal u turns, getting waved through sobriety check points, yeah, a white minivan might be the most inconspicuous vehicle ever made.

So, you're saying that my "Tri-State Drifters Club," "Catch me if you can, fuzzman," "Ice cold Coors Light on board" and "Legalize Pot Now" bumper stickers are a problem?

Likewise, I'm not having a GM anymore! When they were struggling, our little way of helping Uncle Sam was getting a Chevy Traverse. It gave us one headache after the other!

I am loving my 2nd Subaru Forester. The old 1st went to my college bound son.

Care for Tesla?

Last edited:
I truly appreciate the concern, Howie. You’re a good friend to step up and call me out, and I know you’ve got my best interests at heart.

However... a proper disguise is imperative when you’re a shady @ss Mofo. My last two cars made me look like a cop, or a government employee (I ruffled feathers with some of my more nefarious acquaintances a few times when I pulled up with my first black Mercury Grand Marquis. Some of them are still unconvinced I’m not, not a federal agent).

You see, you don’t traffic in narcotics, guns, or guitars in a black Yukon with tinted windows, or a red sports car, or even a white cargo van... it’s too obvious, and you’ll get caught.

No, you do that sh!t in a Sandstorm Metallic CR-V while wearing pleated khakis, a polo, and with a phone holster and those neoprene sunglass croakies. So me getting a vehicle like this is a return to form, and a step towards living my best life again.

Next you’ll be changing your name to Walter White!

Also, a white mini-van is inconspicuous. A white fill sized work van is Buffalo Bill. Even without the optional "It puts the lotion in the basket" license bracket.

True story: (sorry, I think I told this one here before) We parked next to a very dirty white work van in down town Cinci 2 summers ago when going to a Reds game. I took my finger and wrote in the dirt on the back door "it puts the lotion in the basket." My wife went from literally mad at me, to couldn't stop laughing about it. I tried to take a picture of it with my phone, but it was too dark for it to show in the pic.

You are on the money, Lister.
The fastest vehicle away from a light is a minivan driven by a soccer mom. I used to keep a safe distance and use them as radar rabbits until the officer ignored one and stopped me going slower.

Back