Car Shopping: Anything Good?

I'll see that, and raise you one...
vjok7kqittqlpjcrul63.jpg

So that's what happened to my box van...mystery solved.:cool:

Mine was a 69. Bright orange, white top, white vinyl interior. I was cool. :p Back when drive-ins were open 9 months a year, we went 9 months! We'd throw 4-5 lawn chairs in the trunk because there is now way 6-8 people were sitting in there to watch movies. Sometimes only 2-4 of us, when it was so cold we had blankets over us ;) Boy, life was easy back then.
Nice! His was blue with a black top and interior. Two in the backseat with two more in their laps, one in my lap - leaning right, one straddling the 2-speed PowerGlide, and up to three sitting above the back seat homecoming parade style. When we got to where ever we were going, it was a grand entrance. But it looked like one of those “how many can we fit in a VW Bug” bets. But when you say, “come on girls, pile in!”, I had to get in first or I didn’t get a place to sit! More would have jumped in, but it would have been completely ridiculous for even a 2 mile trip.

thursday is the end of the month. they want to make a quota. buy the car and don't look back

For real. The Honda salesman is blowing up my wife’s inbox.

Wait... that sounds bad...

I've seen some ads saying 0.9% financing on 2019 models. At that rate, after inflation, they're literally paying you to take out a loan.

The lowest we’ve been able to get from Honda is 3.9%, which isn’t bad... but it’s still more than what I think we have in the budget for us.

The problem I have is that my wife is so fixated on a brand new CR-V EX-L that she’s got blinders on for anything else that could be a great deal.

I’m getting scared because the dealer and my wife and pushing for a 72 mo loan and.... that sh!t makes me uncomfortable. I’d kinda rather buy a lightly used one but, those are only a couple-to-a-few thousand less than the new one.

If it were totally up to me alone... I’d probably buy a Kia Soul and be done with it.

I thought about your comment the other day about buying a cheaper car instead of the Honda. I was stopped at a red light near a car dealership and noticed there weren't any used Honda's for sale.

Everyone wants one of those things. I’ve found a few 2016 EXs on autotrader for 16-17k, but 2017 up are still like $23k.

The best offer we’ve gotten was $26k +TTL for an EX, and that expires tomorrow.

my wife is so fixated on a brand new CR-V EX-L that she’s got blinders on for anything else that could be a great deal.
Mrs. B was the same, but I didn’t fight it. She wanted to spend considerably less money but the used ones were so close in price that I refused to consider the option. If you’ve got a Costco in the area, join and check out their new car program (it’s “just” a discount but I couldn’t negotiate my way down to that level, it was so good).

She absolutely loves her CR-V and she hasn’t even driven it in snow yet.

Mrs. B was the same, but I didn’t fight it. She wanted to spend considerably less money but the used ones were so close in price that I refused to consider the option. If you’ve got a Costco in the area, join and check out their new car program (it’s “just” a discount but I couldn’t negotiate my way down to that level, it was so good).

She absolutely loves her CR-V and she hasn’t even driven it in snow yet.

It didn’t snow by you guys today? I did for us...

Yeah, I don’t know what to think. Maybe it is a good deal to buy this one?...

Ugh, buying guitars is so much easier.

It didn’t snow by you guys today? I did for us...

Yeah, I don’t know what to think. Maybe it is a good deal to buy this one?...

Ugh, buying guitars is so much easier.

Three f-ing inches of wet heavy stuff! I think I pulled something digging a path to the wife's Jeep.

Oh, and let her buy the car. Just remember to make her work overtime for the extra cash! No more avocado toast!

So okay, real talk: Do we just buy this thing for $380 a month until Paco turns f@cking nine years old?

I’m so distraught over this. We’re throwing down 5k on it, and I don’t wanna cash in what (little) stocks I have to knock it down more.

I mean, I’m still super new at being a parent and a responsible adult (at least when it concerns other people). Do we buy this with the hopes that we can eventually make double payments in a couple years, or is that living in fantasy land?

Is this just the cost of doing business as a breeder?

So okay, real talk: Do we just buy this thing for $380 a month until Paco turns f@cking nine years old?

I’m so distraught over this. We’re throwing down 5k on it, and I don’t wanna cash in what (little) stocks I have to knock it down more.

I mean, I’m still super new at being a parent and a responsible adult (at least when it concerns other people). Do we buy this with the hopes that we can eventually make double payments in a couple years, or is that living in fantasy land?

Dude, if you can afford it, then do it. If J isn't going to budge on what she wants, it's pointless. The safety features alone make it worth it for Paco, and you and the Mrs. I round mine up to the closest $100. So, my $560 payment is $600. My last statement that came said this month I only had to pay $114 for my monthly payment because I have been paying a little extra. Plus, I'll have it paid off earlier.

BREATE DOG! BREATHE!

As a survivor of three divorces, I can tell ya bro...let her win...it's a small price to pay for your sanity.

Namaste:cool:

Back